• Voting to leave the EU

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • MPs voting not to renew Trident

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The PM has described rejecting Trident renewal as a reckless gamble. I seem to recall a different PM saying the same on a different subject. Which of these do you think is the biggest?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
latest

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All the time the Thief of Svastopol is in the Kremlin we need our nukes.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Paying more than the nation can afford on a so-called 'independent' deterrent we have ask the USA's permission to use is a criminal waste of money.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Leave the EU and the country still exists
Don't renew Trident and there is nothing to deter anyone from blowing the country to pieces - which given some of the basketcases in charge around the world isn't as unlikely as all the hippies out there would like to think

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Paying more than the nation can afford on a so-called 'independent' deterrent we have ask the USA's permission to use is a criminal waste of money.

Trident would never be used, I'd rather the money was spent on schools and the NHS and improving the nation's infrastructure than having a MASSIVE weapon that nobody is ever going to use

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Trident would never be used, I'd rather the money was spent on schools and the NHS and improving the nation's infrastructure than having a MASSIVE weapon that nobody is ever going to use
But we need it silly boy. It makes total sense to spend zillions equipping our military with weapons for a war we didn't fight forty years ago as opposed to giving them the resources for current and future wars. After all France has nukes and no one EVER attacks their citizens as the nukes act as a deterrent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Michael Fallon this morning on 5Live, said the only way to convince the world regarding nuclear disarmament and preventing the proliferation of nuclear weapons - is by having nuclear weapons. :shrug:

Now, he tried to explain this logic to Nicky Campbell, but I think he got lost within his own oxymoron.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Leave the EU and the country still exists
Don't renew Trident and there is nothing to deter anyone from blowing the country to pieces - which given some of the basketcases in charge around the world isn't as unlikely as all the hippies out there would like to think

Well, Germany, Australia, Italy, and numerous other countries seem to get by without being 'blown to pieces' by the nutcases.
The only country to use nukes in history, are those , oh so stable folks across the Atlantic.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, Germany, Australia, Italy, and numerous other countries seem to get by without being 'blown to pieces' by the nutcases.
The only country to use nukes in history, are those , oh so stable folks across the Atlantic.

Even the argument that the US wants us to keep Nukes doesn't stack up, some of their top officials would rather we spent the money on our regular army so that we don't have to borrow all their gear when we're in a conflict together.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
But we need it silly boy. It makes total sense to spend zillions equipping our military with weapons for a war we didn't fight forty years ago as opposed to giving them the resources for current and future wars. After all France has nukes and no one EVER attacks their citizens as the nukes act as a deterrent.

Indeed they don't do they ? Nice, Bataclan etc

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

But all the leavers are telling everyone that the savings we get from being out of the EU will be used for the NHS etc so you can have both

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Michael Fallon this morning on 5Live, said the only way to convince the world regarding nuclear disarmament and preventing the proliferation of nuclear weapons - is by having nuclear weapons. :shrug:

Now, he tried to explain this logic to Nicky Campbell, but I think he got lost within his own oxymoron.

Is he American ? I ask as that argument seems rather similar to the argument in the US for allowing people to have guns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here