Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This could have been us...it can still be

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I have tried to get over last year's disappointment, but Middlesbrough are making it very hard indeed. I mean, they have signed Fischer (Top player imo), Subotic, Valdes, and now reportedly after Janazaj from United. Them signing these quality of players, and our relative stagnant transfer dealings bring all the heartache and frustration back. We really, really, really deserved it last year. Anyone else feeling a bit despondent looking at their dealings? :down::cry:

But on that note, we can't feel sorry for ourselves. We have to push one, fight to overturn the injustice, make this year our year. Because I'm damn sure with our recent recruitment, if Boro can make signings like those with their new Prem cash, imagine what Hughton could do. Onwards to the new season, we've shown we are capable. Lets get behind the lads as the campaign draws closer. :albion2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You know what ? i couldn't give a monkeys now. I'm just looking forward to the new season with plenty of optimism. Keep this squad together and add another quality striker and we will be right up there again.

Seriously move on

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
To be honest, with the madness of this summer I have forgotten about last season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
You know what ? i couldn't give a monkeys now. I'm just looking forward to the new season with plenty of optimism. Keep this squad together and add another quality striker and we will be right up there again.

Seriously move on

Couldn't have put it better.

It may seem harsh, but in my opinion Baldock needs to be a sub at best, he is just not cut out for a team that aspires to reach the Premier League. An investment in a good quality striker (Murray not withstanding), and keeping the squad intact will certainly see us keeping the pressure on at the top.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have moved on from last season. It was a very good season with a very disappointing end.

That's forgotten now. That's football. So long as we keep out current squad we have a VERY good chance of going one better.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I've moved on - that's life. You can't keep reflecting on what might have been.

You have to f********g make it happen now.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Boro will implode. Will be very surprised if they establish themselves in the top flight. I seriously think we have more potential. We just have to get there.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It wouldn't be so bad if the decision from that ****tarded thundercunt isn't still being felt now, 3 months later at a tough opening fixture.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You do know that if we had gone up the club would have still frustrated the hell out of us with the transfer window don't you?

Last edited:

el punal

Last season was so astonishing. On the basis that we were predicted to be relegation fodder or, at best, a mid-table mediocre side, we over achieved in every department. Yes, we were so close to glory but the good thing is we now go into the new season with pretty much the same squad of players and the same management team. Now that's something that we have'nt, as a club, enjoyed over the last few years.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Last season was so astonishing. On the basis that we were predicted to be relegation fodder or, at best, a mid-table mediocre side, we over achieved in every department. Yes, we were so close to glory but the good thing is we now go into the new season with pretty much the same squad of players and the same management team. Now that's something that we have'nt, as a club, enjoyed over the last few years.

This to me is the most important aspect of our new season. Crawley was a good start, lets keep that up and beat last seasons unbeaten start to the season.

D

Deleted member 2719

I've moved on - that's life. You can't keep reflecting on what might have been.

You have to f********g make it happen now.

I would agree with you if it was in everyday life.

This is so different, I would say I only have two Albion scars, 1 being the play-offs loss against County in 91 and the another being last year and that is one is a deep fxxckxr.

Everyday life scars you can heel by getting on with it, changing the outcome so it won't happen again.

But in Albion life you have proffessional footballers, DO they REALLY want to change Albion HISTORY ?

Can't see it, I would rather put my hopes on the REMF team wanting it more.

That Scar still has a lot of scar tissue to fix and as a individual we can't do much about it.

It down to the Albion 16/17 it's over to you boys.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Surely we can all learn something from Euro 2016 to give us genuine hope. Things like:

You don't need big names to win big games.

Big egos are a hindrance, not a help.

Having a good tactician as a manager is worth more than any single player on the pitch.

Having a hard working team ethic is more important than having £0000s to pay massive wages.

Having players who are totally committed to winning the game, rather than half committed to their wallets and their next car means more than anything.

A hard work game plan like the Icelandics can on its day beat anyone.

Having a squad of players who totally respect each other on and off the pitch is much better than a group of misfits who bitch and brag because they think they are it.

Playing one game at a time, and playing it as if it were your last, and nothing else matters. Rather than investing millions and just hoping they deliver the long term goal.

Having a grounded manager who doesn't hog the limelight, respects the opposition, the media and officials, sets a great example for his team to follow.

We've got all these things. We don't need massive signings and massive wages. We just need to keep the core squad together, get 2 goals ahead in more games than last season, kill each game one game at a time, and enjoy the journey. Success will look after itself.

Wedgee

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Surely we can all learn something from Euro 2016 to give us genuine hope. Things like:

Having a good tactician as a manager is worth more than any single player on the pitch.

Having a hard working team ethic is more important than having £0000s to pay massive wages.

Having players who are totally committed to winning the game, rather than half committed to their wallets and their next car means more than anything.

Having a squad of players who totally respect each other on and off the pitch is much better than a group of misfits who bitch and brag because they think they are it.

Playing one game at a time, and playing it as if it were your last, and nothing else matters. Rather than investing millions and just hoping they deliver the long term goal.

Having a grounded manager who doesn't hog the limelight, respects the opposition, the media and officials, sets a great example for his team to follow.

We've got all these things. We don't need massive signings and massive wages. We just need to keep the core squad together, get 2 goals ahead in more games than last season, kill each game one game at a time, and enjoy the journey. Success will look after itself.

Wedgee

Best post of 2016 for me. Bravo.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Wedgee

All of this, and hopefully keeping injuries down to minimum.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They can buy all the players they want, they'll still be Middlesbrough, and we're still Brighton & Hove Albion. And I know who I'd rather support.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here