Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just arrived in Nice.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
One of my favourite places on the Planet and we had a week booked up before the heinous atrocities of Bastille Day. So was down in Sussex for a wonderful family wedding and the Wife and I flew over here today for 8 days. France is still in mourning and it is very quiet, understandably so.
Off tomorrow to put some flowers and a card by the 'Blue Chair' on the Promenade des Anglais.
So much in common between Brighton and Nice, both are full of expressions of true liberty and freedom of thought; quite right that we celebrate their individuality in this time of reflection and thought.
I will post some photos tomorrow.

Vive La France!

TTF

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
One of my favourite places on the Planet and we had a week booked up before the heinous atrocities of Bastille Day. So was down in Sussex for a wonderful family wedding and the Wife and I flew over here today for 8 days. France is still in mourning and it is very quiet, understandably so.
Off tomorrow to put some flowers and a card by the 'Blue Chair' on the Promenade des Anglais.
So much in common between Brighton and Nice, both are full of expressions of true liberty and freedom of thought; quite right that we celebrate their individuality in this time of reflection and thought.
I will post some photos tomorrow.

Vive La France!

TTF

We have a friend living in Nice who placed some flowers for us in memory of the many happy times we've spent.
I keep having flashbacks to a lunch at the negresco with the sun shining off the sea watching people strolling the promenade - as vivid as the images from Bastille Day. Ive made a personal vow to go back there when we can just to do all the normal things.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
We have some friends who lived down that way until a couple of years ago and from when we regularly rented a flat at mates' rates. A trip to Nice was always de rigueur - wonderful city, one of our favourite places on the planet too, can picture exactly where the Lorry did its damage and that made it all the more horrific.

Maybe you will find yourself representing a wider constituency......

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
We have some friends who lived down that way until a couple of years ago and from when we regularly rented a flat at mates' rates. A trip to Nice was always de rigueur - wonderful city, one of our favourite places on the planet too, can picture exactly where the Lorry did its damage and that made it all the more horrific.

Maybe you will find yourself representing a wider constituency......

I will ensure I do send my condolences from a wider constituency.Thanks.

TNBA

TTF

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's been really kicking off in the Muslim suburbs between the locals and the North Africans who basically empty the bins and whatnot. Not reported but ugly scenes.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
IMG_4397.JPG

An hour or so on the Promenade des Anglais this afternoon and this image really spoke for all.

Massive floral and toy, candle and message tributes and a sense of defiance.

We left three bouquets of flowers from my Sister and BiL, Wife and I and a couple of cards with messages of support.

The city is functioning well though, most restaurants are open and apart from quite a few green berets with automatic weapons , it's like an other July Summer's day here.

The lass in the shop was so grateful for us buying the flowers as well...she had a tear in her eye..

A time for all of Europe to unite.

TNBA

TTF

Last edited:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Everything appears more normal today. Mirriods of satellite TV crews have gone , all roads are back open on the seafront and this little photo shows we are back to 'business as usual'.
LP.jpg

TNBA

TTF

p.s. I am not sure they are worth two stars mind?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here