Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton 3 Stoke 0

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
You have to feel sorry for Burton fans really, Bet they think he's good!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Scored 15? In a relegated Championship Barnsley side. Good pro just not the quality we need. He'll do ok for Burton imo but they are likely to struggle anyway

Good luck to the team we got Peter Ward from :thumbsup:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Scored 15? In a relegated Championship Barnsley side. Good pro just not the quality we need. He'll do ok for Burton imo but they are likely to struggle anyway

Good luck to the team we got Peter Ward from :thumbsup:

Not that old chestnut! Yes he scored 15 for Barnsley when they got relegated. Check out his career stats; they are woeful.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Meaningless friendly.....Not being disrespectful to any team/individual,i think "friendly" results/performances and goals should be taken with a relative small mountain of salt grains....that said i hope he has a good season if for no other reason he has had some bad luck coming south.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Meaningless friendly.....Not being disrespectful to any team/individual,i think "friendly" results/performances and goals should be taken with a relative small mountain of salt grains....that said i hope he has a good season if for no other reason he has had some bad luck coming south.

Agree, he had the misfortune to play in the team under Hyypia. Never bad mouthed the club and seems to be just trying to do his best. Suspect anyone of us would swap places to have a crack at being paid to play football.

Suspect all those slagging him off are the very same people that did it to Calderon when he was out of contract and everyone thought he was going to Soton!!!!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A lovely guy who isn't as fast, strong or deadly as our other 3 strikers. If we intend to sign another plus with Elvis being able to play in attack he may well be 6th choice in CH's plans.

A move away is best for his career and I personally wish him all the best. Being the main man for Burton may increase his goal tally drastically, which is only a good thing for us if Burton can take points off of any other playoff hopefuls

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
I don't think he is anywhere as bad as some on here say. Yes he has been a poor signing for us but i have always been fairly impressed by his hold up play. Good goal scorer? No, but he is not shit.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Good luck to him. He's had chances in our first team but hasn't taken them. I'm sure he'd still do a job at Championship level but just not with us

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I hope he will do well at Burton but it seems that the penalty at Walsall was make or break for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here