Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O'Grady - moved to Burton Albion on loan for the season

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
More than just a good move for the player, it's clearing the decks and freeing up wages...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
More than just a good move for the player, it's clearing the decks and freeing up wages...

If COG is on the amount he's allegedly being paid I suspect Burton are only paying a small fraction of his wages.

Good luck to him, nice guy, can be a beast to play against if his mind is right but the Albion failed to do their homework and paid a heavy price.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nice guy, not quite good enough for what we want.

Let's hope he scores a few against Newcastle, Norwich, Derby, Villa and Massive.

First team squad down to 25 players now including Holla, JFC and Elvis.

3 more INS and 3 more OUTS and we are done.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How this guy makes money playing football is beyond me ???

Harsh. He scored 15 in a season for Barnsley. He has played at Championship level for quite a few years. He didn't suit us & Burke shouldn't have brought him in, but that doesn't make him a donkey. He's good at holding the ball up for example.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Harsh. He scored 15 in a season for Barnsley. He has played at Championship level for quite a few years. He didn't suit us & Burke shouldn't have brought him in, but that doesn't make him a donkey. He's good at holding the ball up for example.

So basically 1 good season for Barnsley since when he's scored 6 in 64 games which gives a good indication of his quality

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
So basically 1 good season for Barnsley since when he's scored 6 in 64 games which gives a good indication of his quality
Yes, and not at the same club too, so playing style can't be blamed.

He's just a journeyman player who happened to have a good season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is this his last year with us, something is making me think he was signed on a 4 year deal [emoji54][emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If COG is on the amount he's allegedly being paid I suspect Burton are only paying a small fraction of his wages.

Good luck to him, nice guy, can be a beast to play against if his mind is right but the Albion failed to do their homework and paid a heavy price.
Agrees can't see burton paying more than 5k a week and cog is on an alleged 10k....:(
Hope this is his last year as it was a complete waste of money.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
A disastrous signing from the off, we tried to get away with a Ulloa replacement on the cheap but it was obvious from his record that he was a lower league journeyman who had half a decent season at Barnsley, thank God he's moved on for all concerned

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Loan ranger. Loan number 10 for him.

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
But can COG play centre midfield like Kayal or Stephens, or centre back or full back, or spend 85 minutes scratching has arse and throwing up on the touchline in the Wilson roll? 3 weeks to go and all that has happened is we have brought in a 40 year old Judas and a defender from Scotland. It's all going to hell in a handcart, I tell ya!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here