Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davis Cup Quarter-final, Serbia v Great Britain

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
No Novak Djokovic for the Serbs and no Andy Murray for the Brits but still a huge tie as Great Britain continue the defence of their world trophy.

The crowd will be very hostile in Belgrade. Surprised that the bookies have made GB slight favourites with a clay surface but let's hope they're right.

Get set for a thrilling weekend.....

Janko Tipsarevic v Kyle Edmund up first in the best of five rubbers.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The World number 405 v the World number 67.

Worthy of a quarter final, I'd say.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Heavy rain - no play until later or even possibly tomorrow according to BBC2.

Good preview of the Olympics though and a pop at the best golfers not bothering to represent their countries. Top work. :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Andy Murray is there with the team although not playing.
Novak has some sort of an injury, doesn't he?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Unsurprisingly the second singles wont take place tonight. James Ward will play at 1100 BST tomorrow. We lead 1-0 after day 1.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
We need just one win from the final two rubbers today. I'm confident we can do it. Probably more faith in Kyle Edmund than James Ward but hopefully Tipsarevic may be knackered. I hope so anyway.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Edmund clinches the second set! What a performance in the drizzly conditions so far.

Andy Murray winning Wimbledon was great but he had everything in his favour. Serbs calling "out" when the ball was in is difficult to take. People will see Great Britain win and automatically assume Murray was playing.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Didn't realise it was Halloween yet with that creepy girl with the gothic make-up sitting near Dusan Lajovic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here