Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports - Again

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I know this gets done to death on here, but anyway...

When do Sky announce the next batch of games they are showing?

The latest announcement goes up until the end of September.

However, the cheap trains for our trip to Sheffield Wednesday on the 1st October will be on sale in the next week or so, but no TV fixtures are announced.

For Newcastle on the day the fixtures were released, the train was approx. £22 each way from London. By the time the fixture was announced as being on TV, the train was £51 each way from London.

If Sky are not announcing the October TV games shortly, the same could potentially happen with train prices for our game at Sheffield and also the Wigan away game.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I know this gets done to death on here, but anyway...

When do Sky announce the next batch of games they are showing?

The latest announcement goes up until the end of September.

However, the cheap trains for our trip to Sheffield Wednesday on the 1st October will be on sale in the next week or so, but no TV fixtures are announced.

For Newcastle on the day the fixtures were released, the train was approx. £22 each way from London. By the time the fixture was announced as being on TV, the train was £51 each way from London.

If Sky are not announcing the October TV games shortly, the same could potentially happen with train prices for our game at Sheffield and also the Wigan away game.

The horribly named EFL tweeted the other day saying it would be after the first round of games.

Seems daft to me as they aren't going to be any the wiser as to who is going to be doing what after one game. No reason why they couldn't do them until at least November in my eyes.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The horribly named EFL tweeted the other day saying it would be after the first round of games.

Seems daft to me as they aren't going to be any the wiser as to who is going to be doing what after one game. No reason why they couldn't do them until at least October in my eyes.

I would go as far as to say by now they should have them done until the end of November.

I accept in December they are going to show more games and will want the runners by then.

It is frustrating that they seem to announce the games up to just before cheap travel goes on sale.

Have booked Newcastle, at some cost, on the basis that most travel we do is heavily discounted, but that cannot become the norm...

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
1st October Wolves v Norwich ,PNE v Villa and Leeds v Barnsley i reckon any of those should come before Brighton . We have a nice trip to York that day:drink: Though i maybe ticking in Croatia if things plan out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here