Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Lorry attack in Nice

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A lorry has struck a crowd during Bastille Day celebrations in the southern French city of Nice, media reports and witnesses say.

The incident took place on the Promenade des Anglais during a firework display, the reports said.

One image on Twitter showed about a dozen people lying on the street, some being tended to.

Other social media video showed people running through the streets in panic following the incident.

A journalist with the Nice Matin newspaper reported from the scene that there was "a lot of blood and without doubt many injured".

Other reports spoke of shots being fired but these have not been confirmed.

Another image on Twitter showed a white lorry stopped in the middle of the promenade with damage to its front, and four police officers observing it while taking cover behind a palm tree.

The local prefecture has urged people in the area to remain indoors, Le Figaro reported, calling the incident "an attack".

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
seen the front of the lorry,very extensive damage IF that has been caused by human flesh and bone,nasty stuff.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Terrible news. Sadly doesn't surprise me. France as a nation is seriously screwed from terrorism.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Now saying 30 dead and 100s injured.

What is wrong with the world.

We must all stand together against terrorists to ensure everyone can live in peace and together

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just seen some pictures on twitter of the terrible scenes. I am in tears just horrific

I just came across a video and, without paying much attention, clicked 'play'. It's someone wandering down the street shortly after it happened. Utterly horrific scenes. Absolute carnage of the worst kind.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just seen some pictures on twitter of the terrible scenes. I am in tears just horrific

Why did you go looking for that? Twitter can be notorious for uncensored stuff.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just mentioned on Newsnight. A British holiday maker said the police are telling everyone to "Run Now!"

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
All of this after a horrible few week of politics. It's hard to feel hopeful about anything at the moment.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
60 dead now

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just came across a video and, without paying much attention, clicked 'play'. It's someone wandering down the street shortly after it happened. Utterly horrific scenes. Absolute carnage of the worst kind.

24 seconds of awful scenes. Talk that the dead lorry driver might have an accomplice on the loose. Now 60 dead.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just seen the video on a well known site. Awful.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What an absolute tragedy, words fail me. RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here