Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherry's, Pink Coconut, Paradox etc......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
To be demolished and turned into a hotel! Another bit of my youth and Brighton's history to vanish.....

In reality, meh, West Street needs redevelopment anyway.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Went to Pink coconut once before it became the Paradox......had a bridge over the dance floor that was removed when the latter opened....shame but for me i out of clubbing.good times though..

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sherry's I remember the burgers and chips so you could a late drink go go dancers live bands jumping off the balconys brawls helping the bouncers then getting chucked out and missing the last train back to Haywards Heath also stag and hen parties ending up very messy. Great times lots of fun in my youth.:nono:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I virtually lived down Sherry's for a couple of years, loved it.
I also met my Mrs there, but I don't hold that against the place. Very sad to see it's demise.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
To be demolished and turned into a hotel! Another bit of my youth and Brighton's history to vanish.....

In reality, meh, West Street needs redevelopment anyway.
Have been to all 3 of its incarnations, I'd like to have a look round the old place before it goes.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Despite being born and brought up in Brighton,I've never been to the place in any of its three guises. Does this make me less of a Brightonian?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pink Coconut was the club of choice in the mid / late 80s. Good times.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Many a night spent in Sherrys. Might have spent a couple of nights in the Pink Coconut but by that time I was into my thirties, getting married and all that goes with it. Once divorced etc never ventured into Paradox.

I guess that's progress to be building a hotel there.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I remember paying £20 for a all you can drink in the Paradox/Creation around 99/00 on Xmas eve. It was not a pretty Christmas morning.

sherryoldboy

Aug 29, 2013
Does any one recall the Sat/Sunday night in there after we one at Newcastle. Few unhappy day trippers from London and big brawl for most of the nights.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Not surprising, saw a crazy statistic about the number of clubs closing down. Yoofs today just do not seem to be in to clubbing,the trend seems to have disappeared in one generation!!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Despite being born and brought up in Brighton,I've never been to the place in any of its three guises. Does this make me less of a Brightonian?

Yes and it also makes you a pillock for asking such a stupid question.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It was all about the Paradox on Thursday nights for me (before we switched across the road to The Event) and then subsequently Babelicious on Monday nights. Some interesting Tuesdays and Fridays at Sixth Form followed :lol:

While it might be a shame, it's better that something sensible is done with the building. I'll have the memories of that night – that's enough for me.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Many live music venues are closing down around the country some due to noise because complaints by resident who move in next to the venues and then complain.:nono:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Same as me except i did go there twice i think when it was the Pink Coconut only through mates wanting to go /peer pressure. Wasn't my kinda idea of a good night out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here