Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ATM Skimmer Device Found in Brighton

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Shitty atm that anyway, always swallows cards only used it once or twice and I always check the top, bottom and feeding bit on that one.

shame as the only safe ones in that area are at Sainsburys actually, not even the BP one on the roundabout is safe.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Shitty atm that anyway, always swallows cards only used it once or twice and I always check the top, bottom and feeding bit on that one.

shame as the only safe ones in that area are at Sainsburys actually, not even the BP one on the roundabout is safe.

Are any of them actually safe? I know the majority will be most the time but aren't they all able to be hacked/skimmed in similar ways?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
your right but areas count big I think, pissed up students getting dosh out before going into town, or coming back and buying booze

Good shout - I hadn't thought of that.

if I were a criminal (which I am not) I think I would target these safe areas rather than the others as it's where people don't expect it.

As a result I check everywhere!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder if Police put the ATM out of action and then wait to catch the criminals. Seems to make sense to do it that way.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Call me paranoid but every time I withdraw cash from an unfamiliar ATM, I always give the card slot a jiggle to check for anything suspicious. I also check for pinhole cameras pointing down onto the keypad.

And then my wallet itself is lined with RFID-protection to prevent wireless scamming of my card chips.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I unfold my wallet and place it 3 inches above the keypad,now assuming the camera that has been set up to record me entering my pin is above the keys i feel that's as good as i can get in terms of shielding.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Call me paranoid but every time I withdraw cash from an unfamiliar ATM, I always give the card slot a jiggle to check for anything suspicious. I also check for pinhole cameras pointing down onto the keypad.

And then my wallet itself is lined with RFID-protection to prevent wireless scamming of my card chips.

That's impressive security :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here