• Not at all :(

Votes: 21 9.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This question was asked, by me I think, to a group I was out with last Friday night.

There was a mixed response.

I sort of think I am, and then "Ashes" by Embrace gets played and I feel a bit melancholy again. Alongside that, is the fear that it will be some time before we have a better chance, and it does feel as though the Championship is stronger than ever this season with much "going for it" happening.

Are you over it?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It's done and dusted. We pick ourselves up and go again.

I'd like to think we can go one better but there's always that nagging feeling in the back of the mind that "we had our best chance of going up and who knows when the next will come."

Hope I'm wrong.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The shape of the squad in a couple of weeks time will really seal it... either looking back ruefully, or looking forward with excitement!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ancient History.

All about signing a striker, keeping Kayal and Knockaert etc. and the Derby game now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's a Hell Yes! from me. Looking forward to the new season now, I think we are starting from a better base than we were last year and it's all to play for. Other commitments mean my season doesn't really start until september but I am feeling relatively upbeat about our prospects.

As for last season, I look back on it with pride. We took on the parachute payments, fought our way through injury crisis after injury crisis and almost got automatic promotion against the odds. It was great stuff.

Onwards and this time genuinely upwards!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If we keep our nucleus, Kayal, Stephens, Stockers, Bruno, Dunk, Goldson, Knocky, in fact if we keep 80% of last seasons squad they'll know each other inside out for this coming campaign, which in itself will be worth a few points more I would hope. We will be very, very tough to play against. So yeah, totally over it.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
For now yes.

Depends how it goes next season. We may end up looking back on missing our best chance in years, which would be pretty painful.
Or we may look back on last season as a practice run that we successfully execute this year, in which case last year is just part of the success story.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
No. Mainly because I thought after coming so close we'd ve "going for it". Get the business done early - if it's 6m for Nahki Wells pay it, we need that quick goalscorer. Get in better cover at left back and Centre mid, replace Greer. Job done.

But, while I think Murray is an outstanding signing, it looks like we're going budget again so far. Murray on loan, Sidwell on a free and a youngster from Fleetwood. Not quite.

Still plenty of time to be proved wrong yet mind you, we'd done naff all business this time last year except Rosenior I think, but with the strength of the division I'm beginning to think we'll be looking back on last season with regret, rather than enjoying it for what it was.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I am mostly. It's only when I think about some of the things that went against us in those final weeks that I start getting a bit angry again.

I'm fearful for the next season though; fearful that we'll end up piddling around in mid-table.

Also that Reading will finish above us. F**k, I hate Reading.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
still cannot believe we didn't do it. We had the momentum and if Stephens hadn't have been woefully sent off then we probably would've done it. not to mention the decimation of our team at Sheff Wed when it seemed like everyone would go off injured and the impressive display against them at the Amex.

There are so many what ifs that I cannot stop thinking about how we should have made it and too many things went against us. not to mention that if we had signed a left back on loan to cover Bong in November or even a striker in February would we have made it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need to go for it from game 1, no settling for early draws.

Every point gained early is a point less needed at season end.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think I was mostly over it the day after the Play-off semi-final second leg.

We gave it a fantastic go in very difficult circumstances, and even then I was looking forward to the start of the upcoming season.

RohanInceEnthusiast

Nov 26, 2015
For now yes.

Depends how it goes next season. We may end up looking back on missing our best chance in years, which would be pretty painful.
Or we may look back on last season as a practice run that we successfully execute this year, in which case last year is just part of the success story.

Would be almost identical to how Boro went up. Suffered play-off heartache 2014/15 and then secured automatic promotion the following season having learnt from their mistakes before. Let's hope!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The shape of the squad in a couple of weeks time will really seal it... either looking back ruefully, or looking forward with excitement!

Exactly this.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm bored already with this season and it hasn't even started. None of the signings so far have me excited so there's not that feeling of looking forward to anything special.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would be almost identical to how Boro went up. Suffered play-off heartache 2014/15 and then secured automatic promotion the following season having learnt from their mistakes before. Let's hope!

They also invested VERY heavily again last season, is this something we intend to do? If not then we are not really in the same situation as they were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here