Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vice-Captain

Who should wear the armband in the absence of Bruno?

• Stockdale

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Dunk

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Goldson

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Rosenior

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Bong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kayal

Votes: 41 39.8%
  • Stephens

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Knockaert

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Hemed

• Murray

• Other, please specify

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't actually remember us having a vice captain in the past, must have passed me by.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Rosenior. He seems to be the nearest to Calde, on and off the field. He's a leader, motivator and connects well with fans.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Rosenior. He seems to be the nearest to Calde, on and off the field. He's a leader, motivator and connects well with fans.

Rosenior gets my vote as well, I think he is a wonderful player and professional

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Hughton is on a hiding to nothing if he appoints a deputy captain - any appointment is bound to p*ss someone else off at a time he is trying to keep Kayal, Dunk and Stephens on board. The loss of one or more of them will have a serious impact on our chances this season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Kayal.

Assuming he stays

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Vice captain is pointless, because what happens if both are injured, same problem anyway.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I said last season that Kayal should be next captain but after that game at Wednesday:lol: and watching interviews, I'd go with Rosenior. Great leader on the pitch and seems intelligent and very well spoken.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I said last season that Kayal should be next captain but after that game at Wednesday:lol: and watching interviews, I'd go with Rosenior. Great leader on the pitch and seems intelligent and very well spoken.

Have to agree with this, although I did vote for Kayal in the hope that it would encourage him to sign an extended deal.
But Rosenior does seem to be a very intelligent and articulate footballer, with an obvious love for the team.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Mr Hughton has said he is not going to appoint a vice-captain, so what is the point of this thread. I have not voted in it, because it would imply criticism of the decision, and I think his decision is quite sensible.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Kayal all the way

I am shocked at the large number of votes he has received. He is my favourite player but I've never thought of him as Captain material. I've never seen him do too much of the shouting or organising but he does always lead by example

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here