Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maths question help please.....

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I have 10ml of liquid. It contains 2 chemicals. PG and VG.

The ratio is 6:4 PG/VG. So 6ml PG and 4ml VG.

I need to switch the ratio from 6:4 to 4:6

I thought if I removed 2ml of the liquid and added 2ml of the VG it would work but it doesn't as when I remove it I'm actually taking 50% of both and not just PG.

So I need to remove 8ml total to remove 20% of the PG. In doing this I also remove 4ml of the VG. (theoretically all of it?)

Leaving 2ml and 0ml respectively. If I add 8ml of VG has it changed the ratio? To me that seems as if it's gone radically the other way and is now virtually all now VG.

It's making my head hurt. Is it even possible?????

My other option is to just add VG to the 10ml until the ratio is 6:4.

Is that just add 2ml to make a total of 12ml. To me that theoretically makes it 1:1 or 6ml per part. So I add 4ml of VG to make it 14ml (6ml/8ml) which I think is correct.

Or is it.

Confirmation for either option please would be greatly appreciated before I start drinking....

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I have 10ml of liquid. It contains 2 chemicals. PG and VG.

The ratio is 6:4 PG/VG. So 6ml PG and 4ml VG.

I need to switch the ratio from 6:4 to 4:6

I thought if I removed 2ml of the liquid and added 2ml of the VG it would work but it doesn't as when I remove it I'm actually taking 50% of both and not just PG.

So I need to remove 8ml total to remove 20% of the PG. In doing this I also remove 4ml of the VG. (theoretically all of it?)

Leaving 2ml and 0ml respectively. If I add 8ml of VG has it changed the ratio? To me that seems as if it's gone radically the other way and is now virtually all now VG.

It's making my head hurt. Is it even possible?????

My other option is to just add VG to the 10ml until the ratio is 6:4.

Is that just add 2ml to make a total of 12ml. To me that theoretically makes it 1:1 or 6ml per part. So I add 4ml of VG to make it 14ml (6ml/8ml) which I think is correct.

Or is it.

Confirmation for either option please would be greatly appreciated before I start drinking....

Just add 5ml of VG that makes ratio 6:9 which is same as 4:6 or 1:1.5

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Just add 5ml of VG that makes ratio 6:9 which is same as 4:6 or 1:1.5

So it does. Why didn't I see that? Must've been over thinking it.

Is there a way to remove some and add VG to maintain the 10ml total?

I just have lots of 10ml bottles that need splitting and only have empty 10ml bottles to work with. A bit of a pain!

I think I better invest in some 15ml bottles.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
So it does. Why didn't I see that? Must've been over thinking it.

Is there a way to remove some and add VG to maintain the 10ml total?

I just have lots of 10ml bottles that need splitting and only have empty 10ml bottles to work with. A bit of a pain!

I think I better invest in some 15ml bottles.

Split two equally between three ten ml bottles so you have 2/3 of 6ml = 4ml PG and 2/3 4ml = 2.66ml VG = 6.6666ml mixture in each and top up with VG 3.3333ml.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Pour your 10 ml of 6:4 into a container add 2ml PG and 8ml VG to give 20 ml of 4:6 ratio. Pour into 2 X 10 ml bottles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here