Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Murray

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well played CM. Couldn't stand him when on R1 but he knows his sport and has matured into an excellent presenter. Don't think he'll struggle for a job.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I left TWG a few days before this was announced for seperate (filthy lucre) related reasons. I know two Liverpool fans who are still working there who are not happy but not quite as likely to walk, I think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I left TWG a few days before this was announced for seperate (filthy lucre) related reasons. I know two Liverpool fans who are still working there who are not happy but not quite as likely to walk, I think.
Not intending to criticise Colin Murray's decision in any way (I actually think, 'Good for him') but in reality he is perhaps more in a position of being able to afford to walk than some other employees.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not intending to criticise Colin Murray's decision in any way (I actually think, 'Good for him') but in reality he is perhaps more in a position of being able to afford to walk than some other employees.

Indeed this was covered a little while ago in one of the dailies, it is easier to resign and walk away when you have money in the bank and are marketable, I doubt if any Liverpool supporting studio engineers aged above 50 would have the same confidence to walk.

I did not think much of him on 5Live but he has gone up in my estimation for this act.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Was Talksport not previously owned by Kelvin Mckenzie, editor of the Sun at the time of Hillsborough? Is it convenient for Murray to resign now??

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Was Talksport not previously owned by Kelvin Mckenzie, editor of the Sun at the time of Hillsborough? Is it convenient for Murray to resign now??

McKenzie left Talksport in 2005 when UTV purchased The Wireless Group. Murray didn't work for Talksport until 2013.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

McKenzie sold out in 2006 I think, Murray joined only recently.

Fair from to Murray, met him at a Radiohead gig couple of years ago and he was gregarious and level headed.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I think some people need to move on.

Is he never going to have any dealings with Sky?

Do Liverpool fans blank Sky?

Do Liverpool FC return Sky's money?

People makes mistakes, the Sun made a massive mistake, but times move on.

TB

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Yeah, that's what I was implying at.

Luckily TWG sold their Liverpool station *before* selling out to News Corp.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think some people need to move on.

Is he never going to have any dealings with Sky?

Do Liverpool fans blank Sky?

Do Liverpool FC return Sky's money?

People makes mistakes, the Sun made a massive mistake, but times move on.

TB

I'm no lover of Murdoch, but TS has been in love with Murdoch for years, a very close alliance with Sky, loads of ads, loads of praise. I'd say he's got a better offer elsewhere.

Good point about Liverpool fans and Sky, they ignore the Murdoch connection

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Not his greatest fan as a broadcaster, although he has shown some maturity in recent times. On this, however, I fully applaud him standing by his principles.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
McKenzie sold out in 2006 I think, Murray joined only recently.

Fair from to Murray, met him at a Radiohead gig couple of years ago and he was gregarious and level headed.

Fair enough, do find it odd though that otherwise decent people end up working at TalkSport....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here