Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle game - Aug 27th, 17:30 Kick-off

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Huge game that could of been announced weeks ago, yes they think they've done us a favour by moving to 1730KO (which they have but nobody tell them) at least we won't have to get up at STUPID o'clock in the morning. BUT many fans (like myself) have held off buying a train ticket due to the fact that the day could of changed.

Why can't they sort this sh*t out earlier. 5 weeks is NOT enough.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 16.05.59.png

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Huge game that could of been announced weeks ago, yes they think they've done us a favour by moving to 1730KO (which they have but nobody tell them) at least we won't have to get up at STUPID o'clock in the morning. BUT many fans (like myself) have held off buying a train ticket due to the fact that the day could of changed.

Why can't they sort this sh*t out earlier. 5 weeks is NOT enough.

Just checked, it's now £145 for a ticket returning Sunday (Goring-By-Sea)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I agree, there is no real difference between announcing the change this week or last week or 3 weeks ago. It's not like they have picked this fixture due to league form or position in the table (ie, top of the table clash)

Late into the season you could see why they would delay it a little longer (wanting a big meaningful clash between promotion rivals / relegation candidates with a lot at stake) but there no real excuse like those to delay it more than necessary during the closed season (unless clubs cause the delay due to having to confirm that they can still get transport, match day staffing etc running to cover the new fixture - especially true if it was a home game and having to check with Southern Rail)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Selfishly pleased as I will be in Spain that weekend so good chance I will get to see the match now :thumbsup:

Massive piss off for any Brighton fan hoping to go though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm so happy this is not on Friday night!! Hopefully there are cheap transport options available.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Disgraceful for the amount of time it's taken for Sky to change it. Can see a lot of Albion fans staying up there, on the toon, Saturday night. I wonder if the Bigg Market is as good as it's made out?

I'll be watching it in the clubhouse at Barnet FC. A Bank Holiday weekend.

I'm booked on the 2030 flight back to London out of Newcastle.

My plan with a 3pm kick off was to leave bags at hotel, stroll back after game and then get a cab to airport.

I know I can get to the airport at 8pm and still be OK but this will mean I have to take my overnight bag into the ground. Anyone know if this will be a problem?

Also, anyone know how easy it's likely to be getting a cab after the game?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It really makes you wonder if anyone at Sky has the faintest inkling as to the amount of inconvenience, cost, hassle and distress their actions have on real football fans.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe, just maybe, the football league should start to step in and have some kind of veto on games Sky want to show.

Surely it is not beyond the realms of decency to implement a rule that says "if there is no scheduled train service back to the home teams town after the match then it should not be moved" ?

It is a very simple rule but I believe a lot of fans would welcome it

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Since the end of the season I have been praying to the football gods but they've really decided to bend me over and shaft me so far this season and it hasn't even started yet.

2 years ago me the missus decided to get married on the 27th Aug. As it's the anniversary of us getting together, bank holiday weekend so gives people travelling a long way an extra day in bton etc etc.

She's a Newcastle fan and does go to the southern away games for them and I travel to a reasonable amount of away games a season.

We've always wanted to play each other in the league and until the end of last season we've never had the chance. I've been gagging for it as we've turned them over twice recently in the cup and she wants revenge.

We obviously had no idea when we booked the wedding that we could possibly playing each other. I knew booking it that it was in the football season and prayed had in my mind that hopefully the game would be an away day at Wigan, or Blackburn or some other other northern shithole so would justify not missing a game whilst praying the same for a rubbish home tie.

We've always said to each other that we'd go away for the whole weekend to Newcastle on that match day and I'll go in the away end whilst she goes in the home.

Now we have that perfect weekend away, on a bank holiday weekend is even better.

But no. Those CJTC's at the EFL have ****ed it right up.

We have a late 16.30 ceremony so now I can't even watch it in the pub beforehand.

I know it was a risk getting married in football season but for God's sake, of all the possible fixture combinations and weekends available they had to do that didn't they.

And not long after I begin getting over it (a little bit) the club announces Lazio at the Amex when I'm off to other places on my ****ing stag do.

Fiddlesticks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here