Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singers/bands that are very successful and good but you just can't like.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll start with Gregory Porter

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Coldplay- I just can't stand his weedy whiny voice. I like vocalist who have some POWER and range.

Another vote here, probably for similar reasons.

Also <prepares to be flamed>: Madness.

I hate forced wackiness in any sphere, and they are the absolute kings of it. Don't dislike all of their music as such, though I don't own any of it. I just find their whole persona irritating.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Foo Fighters: They're ok, I'm not sure how successful they would have been if it wasn't for Dave Grohl's other gig and his 'nice guy of rock' personna.
Motorhead: Vastly overrated one trick pony.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Adele
Muse
Bruce Springsteen
Michael Jackson
The twit that sang the last James Bond theme tune
Ed Sheeran
Snoop doggy doo or whatever his name is today
Rihanna
Madonna
Nicki Minaj
Spandau Ballet and, of course.......DURAN DURAN!

Loads of others, but that will do for now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I could go on for days on this thread but the really irritating ones are Coldplay and their lesser spawn (Keane, Snow Patrol), anything by U2 from The Joshua Tree onwards, anything by REM after Green, Coldplay, Bob Dylan, Mumford and Sons, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Simple Minds, anyone who's worked with David Guetta, Luther Vandross, Coldplay, Iron Maiden, Rihanna, Adele, Coldplay, Kanye West and Coldplay.

Did I mention I f***ing hate Coldplay?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Adele
Muse
Bruce Springsteen
Michael Jackson
The twit that sang the last James Bond theme tune
Ed Sheeran
Snoop doggy doo or whatever his name is today
Rihanna
Madonna
Nicki Minaj
Spandau Ballet and, of course.......DURAN DURAN!

Loads of others, but that will do for now.

All of the above

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I could go on for days on this thread but the really irritating ones are Coldplay and their lesser spawn (Keane, Snow Patrol), anything by U2 from The Joshua Tree onwards, anything by REM after Green, Coldplay, Bob Dylan, Mumford and Sons, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Simple Minds, anyone who's worked with David Guetta, Luther Vandross, Coldplay, Iron Maiden, Rihanna, Adele, Coldplay, Kanye West and Coldplay.

Did I mention I f***ing hate Coldplay?
Bob Dylan? Snow Patrol? :(

I'm gonna contraversially throw Oasis in the mix

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I also hate 90% of "Britpop". I'll allow a little Blur and all of Cigarettes and Alcohol but all that other stuff it spawned - Sleeper, Supergrass, Feeder, Toploader etc - can't get iin to it. Pulp never made one record I liked either. Ugh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Bob Dylan? Snow Patrol? :(

I'm gonna contraversially throw Oasis in the mix

Bob Dylan may be clouded by the fact I saw him live in Sydney and he was dreadful, mumbling and incoherent. Snow Patrol are Coldplay lite. Awful.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Music is about opinions, but can never understand why any one likes Madonna, so overrated, did anyone see her on Liveaid singing live ?, awful. Also never understood the love for Oasis, just so boring and any Rap artist, what is that all about?, but I am an old man.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just knew Coldplay would feature heavily. I would like to say I agree but the last two concerts I have watched of theirs on tv have been nothing short of excellent and they certainly have the audience in the palm of their hands with some catchy anthems. As an aside are Jenson Button and Chris Martin related? They both hail from Devon and they look very alike IMO.

Another vote for Luther Vandross, just never got the fuss about him

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Theres not enough space on these boards to list them all but at the top must be ''Take That and Robbie Williams''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here