Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the world coming to?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I assume this thread is a fishing attempt, but the BBC report says nothing about "making a pass" or "wolf whistling", it's about hate crimes.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Us men are such *******s, lock us all up!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The article is quite clear that this is indeed about misogynistic harrassment. Glad this is being taken seriously.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I assume this thread is a fishing attempt, but the BBC report says nothing about "making a pass" or "wolf whistling", it's about hate crimes.

The article is quite clear that this is indeed about misogynistic harrassment. Glad this is being taken seriously.

One of the images is accompanied by 'If a woman receives unwanted attention on the street, it can now be reported to Nottinghamshire Police as a hate crime'.

And you think that will not be taken literally by some of the more extreme feminazis, attention seekers or over zealous police officers?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
One of the images is accompanied by 'If a woman receives unwanted attention on the street, it can now be reported to Nottinghamshire Police as a hate crime'.

This has obviously got you a bit wound up. How often do you feel the need to provide unwanted attention to women on the street? Are you resentful that it may curb some of your activities?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
No words needed...

4781855-large.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This has obviously got you a bit wound up. How often do you feel the need to provide unwanted attention to women on the street? Are you resentful that it may curb some of your activities?

I'm always harassing women in the street. However as an attractive man I receive a fair bit of unwanted attention from gays and older women too.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

And you think that will not be taken literally by some of the more extreme feminazis, attention seekers or over zealous police officers?

I think you've just provided an example of over-reaction.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You are funny, but wrong :wink:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

its about classifying "making a pass", "wolf whistling", or anything deeded as misogynist, as hate crimes. maybe something should be done, this sounds like a large sledge hammer on the problem.

The force defines misogyny hate crime as: "Incidents against women that are motivated by an attitude of a man towards a woman and includes behaviour targeted towards a woman by men simply because they are a woman."

that sounds very open-ended.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
So like a wolf whisle will see you done?

I very much doubt it.

However, I do hope that you are aware that there are plenty of women who find wolf whistling embarrassing/ uncomfortable etc... I've never understood why some men think they have the right to do that to someone else. Patriarchal bullshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here