Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lincoln Red Imps 1 Glasgow Celtic 0

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
:lolol::lolol:

The mighty Glasgow giants who are too big to play in the second qualifying round of the Champions League according to their fans have suffered their most humiliating result in their history. Second leg next week.

That's what happens when you appoint Brendan Rodgers. How long will he last? What a way to lose to a part-time team from Gibraltar. So typically Scottish.

It makes England's defeat to Iceland ALMOST look respectable.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's hilarious, I so wish I'd stuck a fiver on Lincoln earlier. Surely if celtic don't win the tie Rodgers should be sacked immediately shouldn't he?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Wonder how strong the team was that they put out. I guess even a reserve Celtic team should not have lost.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wonder how strong the team was that they put out. I guess even a reserve Celtic team should not have lost.

Judging by the comments on their message boards they are slagging off five or so players in particular who played tonight, including the captain, sounds like it was a reasonably full strength side :laugh:

image.png

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In fairness, when it comes to Gibraltarian club football, they don't get much bigger than Lincoln Red Imps.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
This is what happens when your symbiotic relationship is broken for so long. Scotland's UEFA coefficient is in tatters too - the year that Rangers got to the Europa final was during a good period and they got two CL spots.

They *may* end up with their cup winners/2nd/3rd all starting in the very first round of the Europa next year. Its going to take a VERY long time to recover even if Rangers return to the top flight makes it more competitive.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

It was full strength including Leigh Griffiths, James Forrest, Efe Ambrose, Stuart Armstrong etc.

If Rodgers loses the first Old Firm clash he'll be already be under enormous pressure assuming they don't qualify for the CL.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Last season played 27, won 25, drew 1, lost 1 for 130, against 9.

The results read like Lewes and District Sunday League div 6 in the mid 90s

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Apparently, the Lincoln Red Imps manager is under huge pressure to get a vastly improved result in the second leg or he'll be out of a job. Rodgers says there is no embarrassment, try telling that to the Imps fans, they're gutted.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"The result was no more than Lincoln Red Imps deserved, a team containing a fireman, a policeman and a taxi driver having more than matched their illustrious opponents after completing shifts at their day jobs."

:lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Funny as. They deserve each other.

'There's no embarrassment' said Brenton afterwards! Still spouting shit then Brenton! So exactly who was in the envelope?

Unbelievable. I cringe everytime he's interviewed. The way Jurgen Klopp turned round Liverpool after the mess Rodgers left showed how good a manager he is.

With no European football I think Liverpool will win the Premier League this season.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's their Iceland winnings blown. Still, at least they got some warm sunshine in Gibraltar. The defending looked like Sunday morning hangover stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here