Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed on his way?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Have a read of this article
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4827562,00.html
Seems to suggest Tomer is in talks with Maccabi Tel Aviv, no idea how truthful this is though.

If that is true then I fear for Kayal going to the PL seeing as he and Tomer are very close friends. Saying that I would have thought that going back to Maccabi would be a backward step for Hemed right now. I guess he can get European football but he's probably better paid here and he's a bloody good player at this level. Perhaps he's homesick for decent hummus.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Not happening surely. Could they afford the fee?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brighton has to accept a bid before the player is allowed to talk to a new club.

When Norwich bid for Bennett, we turned it down. Elliott had to put in a transfer request to be able to talk to them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's quite a story, written as if it's all but a done deal, blimey, would have thought he was quite settled here. Be a disappointment if he left, not irreplaceable, but makes you wonder why we wouldn't be able to keep him here.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
If that is true then I fear for Kayal going to the PL seeing as he and Tomer are very close friends. Saying that I would have thought that going back to Maccabi would be a backward step for Hemed right now. I guess he can get European football but he's probably better paid here and he's a bloody good player at this level. Perhaps he's homesick for decent hummus.

The article Suggests he's being offered €900K a year (net), do we pay players that much?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Based on the wages of €900,000 net is probably around £20k a week here pre tax.

Which may be attractive, but having turned down bids already for Stephens, I can't see a fee being received that would match our selling price.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Jordi Cruyff in contact with the striker and suggested he join for 900 thousand euros net per season, similar to the wages earned by Eran Zahavi. Turn yellow in the coming days with Brighton and open negotiations for his release. Maccabi have confirmed the news
Nadav Tzntzifrforsm: 07/12/16, 21:41

Maccabi Tel Aviv in advanced negotiations with Tomer Hemed. Striker received a yellow bid to join for 900 thousand euros net a season - wage similar to that earned by Eran Zahavi. Jordi Cruyff manager in recent days in contact with the player and is very interested in it.

Muhammad has a contract at Brighton, but due to higher financial offer he received and despite rule out return to Israel - there is a good chance to come back. Maccabi will turn in the coming days his team to start with negotiations for his release

sorry my Hebrew is basic.... ( Google Translate)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I did think it slightly strange that he seemed to return to Tel Aviv from Tenerife and not come back here.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Amounts to around 18k per week (euros) which is only around £15k. Surely he's on an amount similar to that at BHA?

That 900k is a net figure, assuming he pays tax here at the correct rate that would be something well over £20k a week at the Albion wouldn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here