Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Geoff Hursts 1966 shirt.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Geoff Hurst's 1966 World Cup winners shirt has failed to sell at Sothebys auctions today.
£500,000 was expected to be paid, but alas nothing.
Cannot not understand why the FA has not bought this historic football memorabilia, seeing they have all this cash lying around!
_90361497__90090083_worldcup_hurstshirt.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36766487

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Geoff Hurst's 1966 World Cup winners shirt has failed to sell at Sothebys auctions today.
Cannot not understand why the FA has not bought this historic football memorabilia, seeing they have all this cash lying around!

What cash?
Its all gone to Sven, Schteeve, an Italian interpretor and a benign little man, who tilted his head wistfully to one side and rolled out platitudes of cliched football-speak that persuaded the unknowing into believing that he knew what he was doing.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

What cash?
Its all gone to Sven, Schteeve, an Italian interpretor and a benign little man, who tilted his head wistfully to one side and rolled out platitudes of cliched football-speak that persuaded the unknowing into believing that he knew what he was doing.

So right Mo Gosfield, but still I think that there is dosh about to purchase shirt for heritage purposes, obviously for a lesser amount :)

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I have a glove worn by the reserve keeper at Hereford (Nicky Rust) - that has historical value (in Brighton), so I'd like to think it would get at least £4.50 in a high end auction house?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here