Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which bands' music has aged better -Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Both massive in their day and I was never really much of a fan of either but I heard "Through the Barricades" on the radio earlier and thought to myself how Spandau had made some excellent singles that still sound good today.

Duran Duran stuff sounds quite dated to me though.

Thoughts? And awaits the inevitable "they were both shit and still are" comment. :smile:

Well it is the off season and the football talk is now going around in circles...

Please keep away Not Nick Rhodes.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Loads

Beatles,Floyd,Stones,The Who. The list is endless

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Prize for first person not to read the thread title properly goes to .............

Yes just spotted that.

Use to be a fan of Duran Duran. Wouldn't listen to there stuff now. Never owned anything of the other band.

Planet Earth is ok

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Both massive in their day and I was never really much of a fan of either but I heard "Through the Barricades" on the radio earlier and thought to myself how Spandau had made some excellent singles that still sound good today.

Duran Duran stuff sounds quite dated to me though.

Thoughts? And awaits the inevitable "they were both shit and still are" comment. :smile:

Well it is the off season and the football talk is now going around in circles...

Please keep away Not Nick Rhodes.

Well if we are talking cylindrical.
Duran Duran - Dark Circles
Spandau Ballet - Round and Round

On a serious note, between the two I would say Spandau Ballet :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Back in the 80's in my teenage years, I was a huge fan of Girls on Film, if that helps?

I am not Nick Rhodes, btw.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Saw both live in the last year or so and Duran Duran were the better , Spandau Ballet far too cabaretish now

I was thinking about how they were not how they are now. They are obviously creaking old men getting a last payday now! I am astounded that a man of your calibre took in both bands LAST year FFS!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spadau Ballet have the distinction of being at number 1 when we were in the Cup Final (True).

That's a FACT (as in True) not just the song True. But it is True. And it was True.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I still sometimes listen to my Duran Duran 'Greatest' CD.

Apart from 'Gold' & 'True' by Spandau Ballet after a few pints, I've never liked them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here