Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tributes to David Cameron

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
As an emotional nation pays tribute to David Cameron, please leave your messages of love for the man described by Boris Johnson as “ the most extraordinary politicians of our age, a brave and principled man.”

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
No doubt the usual suspects on here will pour out their bile.

I think History will judge him quite well given the shit hand he was dealt post 2008.

He certainly conducted himself as a Prime Minister, as opposed to the Neasden Polytechnic Sociology Lecturer currently ruining, sorry running, Labour...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No doubt the usual suspects on here will pour out their bile.

I think History will judge him quite well given the shit hand he was dealt post 2008.

He certainly conducted himself as a Prime Minister, as opposed to the Neasden Polytechnic Sociology Lecturer currently ruining, sorry running, Labour...

History will judge him as the fool who gambled on the Brexit referendum and lost. There is little else that he will be remembered for.

It is a shame as he is far from the worst Tory I can think of.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Pringles - check, armchair - check, bottle of vino (or two) - check, now just awaiting the arrival of Ernest :whistle:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I will be eternally grateful for two of my favourite election night moments... the exit poll and the Ed Bollx result #wereyouupforballs :)

And I think the way he handled the hung parliament situation, coalition negotiations, and then the subsequent coalition government, leading the country through dealing with unprecedented economic meltdown was a pretty extraordinary political achievement.

I won't be sorry to see the back of the Bullingdon Club at the top table (for the time-being at least!)

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Overall he did a reasonable job under difficult circumstances but he will go down in history as the man that unwittingly facilitated our exit from the EU with all the repercussions that flow from that (good or bad) being his true legacy.

Still at least this thread is one last chance to get the piggy related puns in ....

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
David Cameron is a gambler as he did with proportional representation, Scottish independence and the EU referendum he got the result he wanted with the first two as Meatloaf might say two out of three ant bad.

I do not think he is a bad person but he gambled very big and it went wrong so sadly Brexit will be his legacy

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thanks David for the referendum. You gave the majority Brits what they wanted and who were fed up with being part of the EU cartel . Hopefully you will be remembered for the crumble of the European union .

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Bedroom tax
The pasty tax
The caravan tax
Bombing Syria
Bombing Libya
The EU referendum
Forcing Academy status on schools
Cuts to PIPS
Cuts to Family tax credits
The remain campaign

Just a few of the things he got wrong or had to backtrack on

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another modern politician who would follow the popular sentiment of the press, rather than stick to his principles. Won't be missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here