Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
maxresdefault.jpg

Your thoughts?

???

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No doubt we will get all sorts of pathetic comments about her appearance and her voice, way of talking and so on, but she is actually very capable and very clever. I have actually met her and had a brief conversation with her as well - last year at the Tolpuddle Festival - and she was very pleasant.

Whether that translates in to being Prime Minister material might be another matter, but at least she has had the guts to put her head above the parapet and precipitate a leadership challenge.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
from a political point of view - it looks like a jump from a large frying pan into medium sized fire.

Vaguely more electable than Corbyn but not much - so good news for the country!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I don't like her. Not sure what it is, I just don't. Corbyn splits opinion but still retains a large backing with the members, even if not within the MPs and media. I think the way he has been treated by his own party shows a lack of respect for the members that voted for him in the first place.

It was amusing seeing twitter last night and how her voteangela website had been set up 2 days before she even resigned from cabinet. Not sure whether it had been photoshopped but amusing none the less.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Corbyn, Eagle, May, Leadnot, Cameron, Johnson, Gove and whoever the Libdem leader is must be the most hopeless, useless, inept and largely dishonest shower of UK 'politicians' in over 50 years at least.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Labour need to get rid of Corbyn, but just being "Not Jeremy" isn't enough to be a good leader either.

Her leadership 'statement' is here - http://angela4labourleader.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Real-Leadership-Statement-from-Angela-Eagle.pdf - and I'm not sure it says anything at all about what she stands for.

"I’m not a Blairite. I’m not a Brownite. I’m not a Corbynista. I am my own woman. A strong Labour woman." Right, so where do you actually stand on any major issues, Angela?

It doesn't really help that she objects to her own voting history being questioned

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/angela-eagle-furious-row-bbc-8401866

Not a good start.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
When standing in for JC at the dispatch box has on a number of occasions given a good account of herself, comes from a very down to earth background, as she herself said not a Blairite or Brownite and now not a Corbinist, it is quite possible that others once the NEC has decided that JC will need to be nominated that others will throw their hats in the ring

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can only hope she is the sacrificial lamb...

this.

No doubt we will get all sorts of pathetic comments about her appearance and her voice, way of talking and so on

i'll take that one. she sounds very emotional, almost distraught in normal talking. dont think this reflects on her abilities, it does have an effect on communicating important matters, it doesnt convey confidence. i saw from yesterdays announcement this was toned down, some media training has been going on. sadly this made her look and sound like Miliband's sister, with over stating words in slightly unnatural way to emphasis the important point being made.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No doubt we will get all sorts of pathetic comments about her appearance and her voice, way of talking and so on, but she is actually very capable and very clever. I have actually met her and had a brief conversation with her as well - last year at the Tolpuddle Festival - and she was very pleasant.

Whether that translates in to being Prime Minister material might be another matter, but at least she has had the guts to put her head above the parapet and precipitate a leadership challenge.

I've met her and as politicians go she's okay.
I would have no problem with her leading the Labour Party but in truth I think she is just the catalyst to test
whether Corbyn had the votes to get on the ballot paper, or indeed needs them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here