Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waiting at the pumps

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't know if this annoys anyone else, went to get some fuel and the car in front of me was parked so far away from the pumps waiting to see which one would become available first, that I ended up being stuck at the entrance to the Garage blocking the pavement because the car wouldn't move up.

Why do some people do this? The roads we a much better place if people showed a little bit of consideration.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It annoys me when cars wait for a pump to become available that is on the 'right' side. The arms stretch, so that they will reach fuel tanks either side.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't know if this annoys anyone else, went to get some fuel and the car in front of me was parked so far away from the pumps waiting to see which one would become available first, that I ended up being stuck at the entrance to the Garage blocking the pavement because the car wouldn't move up.

Why do some people do this? The roads we a much better place if people showed a little bit of consideration.

Just drive around them and join a queue.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Annoys me when sitting behind a car waiting for them to go in and pay, that you sit there 20mins while the person does their weekly shop.

*Applicable to BP Garage on Vogue Gyratory especially

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would rather not scratch my paint thanks :thumbsup:

Some other bugger will do that for you when they park next to you in the supermarket and kick their door open. Probably giving you a nice dent too. Usually a company car driver or a kid.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just waiting for someone to post not a problem I just plug my car in.
I also get fed up with the wait for the pump to be zeroed and the wait when the driver from the car in front returns then spends 10 mins fiddling about before driving off

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
hate it when people return to their car after putting fuel in then mess about putting make up on , reading a map , having a chat , arranging their sandwiches on the seat .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
hate it when people return to their car after putting fuel in then mess about putting make up on , reading a map , having a chat , arranging their sandwiches on the seat .

Better than the person I drove behind yesterday putting their make-up on at 70mph in the middle lane of the M42 :rant:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Any particular reason why?[/QUOTE

I guess it comes from having an Engineering backgound . When you have 2 options to achieve the same result , the most efficient way is always best when there are zero financial considerations .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It annoys me when cars wait for a pump to become available that is on the 'right' side. The arms stretch, so that they will reach fuel tanks either side.

should be part of the highway code, if you cant pull a nozzle over to the far side of the car, shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here