Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two police officers shot dead in USA

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
BBC

A gunman has killed two police officers and wounded another outside a courthouse in the US state of Michigan.

Berrien County Sheriff Paul Bailey confirmed to reporters at a news conference that two sheriff's deputies were killed along with the gunman.

The courthouse in the resort town of St Joseph - about 100 miles (160km) east of Chicago - was put under lockdown and an employee tweeted about the shooting.

Michigan Governor Rick Snyder confirmed the shooting on his Twitter account.

A deputy sheriff was shot and has been taken to a hospital.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This will never go away now in the USA. There is factual evidence that some USA white policemen consider it acceptable to gun down innocent black people in their country,

The black community have decided enough is enough and to a certain extent I understand their stance given recent actions however the inherent issue is the freedom to bear arms.

Unless the USA resolve this the current spiral of shooting will never end.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is factual evidence that some USA white policemen consider it acceptable to gun down innocent black people in their country
Out of interest, what evidence are you siting?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This will never go away now in the USA. There is factual evidence that some USA white policemen consider it acceptable to gun down innocent black people in their country,

The black community have decided enough is enough and to a certain extent I understand their stance given recent actions however the inherent issue is the freedom to bear arms.

There's factual evidence they prefer shooting down white people more than black people at a rate of 2:1

The problem isn't actually black v white. The problem is they hire a lot of ex-military into Police forces and those people are the shoot first ask questions later types.

It's the hiring process which is broken.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
there will be a lot of twitchy trigger fingers coming up, human nature now to see a treat even where there isn’t one

871b697b5d47aca4273b67b568e4c8f9.jpg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
There's factual evidence they prefer shooting down white people more than black people at a rate of 2:1

The problem isn't actually black v white. The problem is they hire a lot of ex-military into Police forces and those people are the shoot first ask questions later types.

It's the hiring process which is broken.

I have carried out work for three 'Southern County' Police Forces in various Shooting Ranges over the past fifteen years and as a consequence have got to know quite a lot of the Force Armourers etc.

They have all told me that while the Police prefer the Armourers (who have to maintain and look after the weapons) and Range Instructors (who have to teach their pupils to shoot straight) to be ex-Army, they are not at all keen on ex-squaddies wanting to join TFU's or other Armed Roles.

This is because their previous training will have been to fire their weapons as a matter of course whereas UK Police devote a huge amount of time to avoiding the firing of their weapons. As a consequence you are better starting off with someone who has no experience of shooing and teaching them the Police way.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I have carried out work for three 'Southern County' Police Forces in various Shooting Ranges over the past fifteen years and as a consequence have got to know quite a lot of the Force Armourers etc.

They have all told me that while the Police prefer the Armourers (who have to maintain and look after the weapons) and Range Instructors (who have to teach their pupils to shoot straight) to be ex-Army, they are not at all keen on ex-squaddies wanting to join TFU's or other Armed Roles.

This is because their previous training will have been to fire their weapons as a matter of course whereas UK Police devote a huge amount of time to avoiding the firing of their weapons. As a consequence you are better starting off with someone who has no experience of shooing and teaching them the Police way.

Makes sense.

When you hear a stat like 22 ex-US military take their own lives every day you have to wonder what mental state the ones they hire as Police are in.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There's over 3/4 of a million US Police officers. The statistics show the overwhelming majority aren't trigger happy a-holes.

1146 people shot and killed by police in the US in 2015. It is an overwhelming statistic.

To put that in some form of context, in Afghanistan and Iraq British forces lost 632 personnel across 10 years - in war zones.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
People killed by Cops makes up 0.000377358490566% of the US population.

Cops who killed people made up 0.16% of the total US Police force.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch

Bit of a generalisation without any evidence to support it....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
People killed by Cops makes up 0.000377358490566% of the US population.

Cops who killed people made up 0.16% of the total US Police force.

10.6 gun related deaths per 100,000 people per annum. Astonishing figures. Obviously an acceptable consequence of gun ownership for you, 100+ police killed, 1000+ people killed by police, 30,000 killed by firearms - all per annum is easily washed away by percentages of population because guns make you safer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here