Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Burnley faced more frustration in the transfer market after having a deal worth £4million for Dale Stephens rejected by Brighton.

The Clarets are desperate to add a combative midfielder to Sean Dyche’s squad after Joey Barton made the switch to Rangers earlier this summer.

Derby County turned down a £3million bid for Jeff Hendrick on Monday before Burnley then spurned by Chris Hughton’s Brighton."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ighton-reject-4million-Dale-Stephens-bid.html

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 16.19.18.png

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
"Burnley faced more frustration in the transfer market after having a deal worth £4million for Dale Stephens rejected by Brighton.

The Clarets are desperate to add a combative midfielder to Sean Dyche’s squad after Joey Barton made the switch to Rangers earlier this summer.

Derby County turned down a £3million bid for Jeff Hendrick on Monday before Burnley then spurned by Chris Hughton’s Brighton."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ighton-reject-4million-Dale-Stephens-bid.html

View attachment 76455

I think Burnley are bidding for a few in the hope of landing one!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If they actually want to land one, they are going to have to make a sensible bid, with their new £150 million pocket money.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just something we have to get used to until the transfer window closes.

However unless an absolute silly offer comes in, I fully expect the Albion to reject all bids for players that are firmly in CHs matchday squad for the coming season.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
If they come back with a realistic bid that could be very difficult to fend off. Length of contract remaining, premiership football & location could make it tricky.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I actually think as an opening offer thats decent for a player with 1 year left.

Much north of 5 million and I would sell.....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I actually think as an opening offer thats decent for a player with 1 year left.

Much north of 5 million and I would sell.....

Premier League clubs should be MILKED for all their worth now they have hundreds of millions swilling in through their doors.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Stephens will be gone, no sign of Kayal signing his contract ...!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It could easily have been us in the Premiership at the expense of Burnley. No Championship side outscored the Albion.

Keeping your best players / assets whilst adding to the overall quality of the squad is the formula for success.

Good move by Tony. We are going up.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Double it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This and the Kayal thread both seem to be missing a summer mainstay of NSC.

I do hope someone with a car and nothing to do tomorrow is about soon. :dunce:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Burnley picked up Barnes on the cheap, obviously looking to pull the same stroke again.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
In the Prem, teams pay 4 millon for untried u21 players straight out of academies... this bid is derisory... I don't want to lose either, but in today's market, £12 million would do it.. no less.... they are both experienced and very effective midfielders.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here