Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Everyone is talking about it, but nothing on NSC. Are we to cool?

Anyone downloaded it? What are your experiences?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Quite a few of my friends have been playing it here. I've never had any interest in Pokemon but it does look quite fun. Apparently there was one right in front of me on the streetcar the other day, I tried to punch it but apparently you can't do that.

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
Easy to get through Iphones for over here. Not played any of the games before so I'm not too sure what to do with the ones I've collected so far.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Twop Twips ‏:

AVOID the stigma of being caught playing Pokemon Go, by telling people you’re dogging.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So I had only heard of this briefly yesterday. I asked a guy at work what it is.

Apparently Pokemon appear in the street etc. and have to be captured. His boss stopped his 1-2-1 the other day because something had appeared on the table.

The local pub is a gym - you have to go to these pre defined places to train against other Pokemon there - so grown men (and women) will be going to the pub just to fight their made up creatures.

You can't get it here unless you change your settings to New Zealand or get the developer pack...

As someone who usually plays games on the toilet I doubt I will be getting it. Nothing can survive those scenes

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's buggy on Android but quite fun searching for famous landmarks for items etc
Annoyingly it won't work on android n developer preview.

You can't get it here unless you change your settings to New Zealand or get the developer pack...

If you have an android phone you can download the apk from XDA developers or apkmirror, these are pretty safe.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Pokemon Go = a app where you play man hunt looking for Tamagotchi.

Nintendo's share price has gone up 25% since this apps release.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm all over it, so addictive.

For iPhone users, go into settings, log out of your apple id, create new account (via iPhone), set address to US (create fake address, One 1st Avenue, Beverley Hills, CA, 90210 for example). Go into app store, download the app, log out of new account, log back into original account. Easy stuff.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My (22 year old) daughter seems hooked.......said she was going to wander into town yesterday......to catch Pokemons........

Not looked at it myself but sounds a bit like virtual geocaching ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Virtual geocaching is a fair description I think. Me and the kids did it last night and had some fun. Not done any battles yet but collected a few.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So now when driving we can expect children to run out into the road chasing a computer animation, that's progress then, wonder how they will overcome the claims made by parents when the inevitable happens.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
So now when driving we can expect children to run out into the road chasing a computer animation, that's progress then, wonder how they will overcome the claims made by parents when the inevitable happens.

The amount of grown men and women walking around playing it would suggest its not just childen. It is very addictive and is encouraging people to go out and walk which must be a plus.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here