Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazza

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
JS39137098-1.jpg

I could say I am shocked, but after seeing this report in the Stun, about Gazzas latest drama, makes me a bit sad.
I loved watching him play footy years back, but you cannot rollback the years.
Seems to have run out of excuses, people have tried to help him, but obviously cannot help himself allegedly?

Attachments

• nintchdbpict000250836458-e1468196018377.jpg
    nintchdbpict000250836458-e1468196018377.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 3,711
Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Perhaps rather than reporting the latest fall from grace, it would have been better for the Sun to look to help Gazza out if he is willing to undergo Rehab again, and then report on the recovery. However we all know thats not the way papers work.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Perhaps rather than reporting the latest fall from grace, it would have been better for the Sun to look to help Gazza out if he is willing to undergo Rehab again, and then report on the recovery. However we all know thats not the way papers work.

Seems to be going down the same path as George Best?

"I was born with a great gift, and sometimes with that comes a destructive streak. Just as I wanted to outdo everyone when I played, I had to outdo everyone when we were out on the town."

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Is he? Isn't he just a mentally ill man?

Loosely you would have to say yes, he at least seems to be mentally vulnerable. As 'Studio' suggests it's never the time to cowardly put the boot in to sell a few papers. This guy, love him or hate him, was a national footy God, is it too much to at least respect that. And the Sun is the Sun. Thankfully, I've personally been spared any inclination to read it!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Watched him in the World Cup in Italy, he was younger than me (just), he had the world at his feet back then. I now look at my future and think how lucky I am, unlike him, there but fot the grace of god etc etc.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have added a decent photo of Gazza and removed link.
Agree should not be sensationalized, but left up to the individual :bowdown:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As someone who suffers from the same thing as Gazza and spends a lot of time working with others who do (I'm writing this from a rehab I volunteer in) I'd ask the question "do you think anyone in their right mind would do this to themselves?" . Try thinking before you answer.

Without treading on toes or being insulting.
I guess it depends in what situation you are in.
With Gazza, I am summisng he gone this way due to his high profile as a footballer, the people he hung around with and possibly money?
People have very different and valid reasons for turning to alcohol.
It would be good if everyone got help. :)

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
He was in remarkably good spirits last time he visited our place a couple of weeks ago and was back fly fishing, buying some new gear and talking about his new girlfriend who we had met the week before.

Such a shame he's already back on the downward spiral again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here