Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Footgolf

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just seen a report of this sport on BBC local news. Never heard of it before and looks OK. Has anyone tried it and how popular is it?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just seen a report of this sport on BBC local news. Never heard of it before and looks OK. Has anyone tried it and how popular is it?

Played foot golf at Waterhall with 4 friends, good fun but not easy.
The bloke in the clubhouse that runs it tried to tell us that the footballs are not fully inflated because we were wearing trainers. He had either lost the pump or couldn't be bothered to inflate the footballs.
Would have been much better with an inflated ball especially as it was a very windy day when we played.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Played foot golf at Waterhall with 4 friends, good fun but not easy.
The bloke in the clubhouse that runs it tried to tell us that the footballs are not fully inflated because we were wearing trainers. He had either lost the pump or couldn't be bothered to inflate the footballs.
Would have been much better with an inflated ball especially as it was a very windy day when we played.

Was that on Waterhall golf course? Did they use the greens with the enlarged holes?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Was that on Waterhall golf course? Did they use the greens with the enlarged holes?

It runs alongside the normal golf, there are greens with enlarged holes.
Not been to Waterhall Golf Club before playing foot golf so I'm not sure how much work was involved to incorporate the foot golf.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It runs alongside the normal golf, there are greens with enlarged holes.
Not been to Waterhall Golf Club before playing foot golf so I'm not sure how much work was involved to incorporate the foot golf.

Thanks BHA. Seems it's very popular in Sussex.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Played last weekend in Germany daytime part of a stag night. Was really good fun. Thighs killed me for a few days after. 3 hours roughly for 18 holes...

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Did it last year at a gaff near Crawley. Bristow or Birstow or something like that in the sticks. Converted golf course. Excellent day out.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Mate of mine is currently ranked #4 in the uk and #11 in Europe and recently went out to Argentina for the World Cup.
Never played though, I'm shocking at all things football.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Played at the one near Gatwick a few weeks ago, they are completely re doing a course so was on a temp course. Was a gray laugh with 12 of us, drinking beer. The "putting" is hardest bit and deffo wear footy boots.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Me and my mate invented this back in the late 80s during the school holidays, we used to play it when walking the back root between Tunbridge Wells and Rusthall.

Jul 7, 2003
Never played footgolf but am waiting for an NHS allocation, probably September I am told, to play walking football.

Albion in the Community arrange walking football sessions - have a look at the website for details of what is happening in your area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here