Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movie plagiarism

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Have just been watching Pollyanna on TV (I'm not ashamed - what else to do on such a damp and dismal afternoon?). I noted that there was a scene in which Pollyanna was out with her aunt buying new clothes - a scene almost entirely recreated in Pretty Woman. Anyone else aware of other similar instances of such shameless movie plagiarism?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We watch The Secret Life of Pets, this morning - 'nuff said.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In 'The Dirty Dozen' Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson and friends shoot lots of Germans. 2 years later Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton do exactly the same in 'Where Eagles Dare'.

In 'Bridge on The River Kwai' James Donald plays the part of someone who doesn't want to escape from a Prisoner of War camp. 6 years later in 'The Great Escape' James Donald plays the part of someone who doesn't want to escape from a Prisoner of War camp.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
The final scene of the massively over-rated Seven rips off an idea done much more subtly in Barton Fink (A proper good film).

Also, the whole Hunger Games concept is stolen from a Japanese film called Battle Royale.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You can go beyond that with actual footage from one film being used in another. Sequences from Tora Tora Tora have been used in Battle of Miday All this and world war II as well as a few tv series

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
'Moonraker' being produced as a film ahead of the planned 'For Your Eyes Only' because of the success of Star Wars and being based in outer space with laser guns etc, and completely differing from the book.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have this great idea for a horror film. It would consist of a number of teenagers who are killed off one by one, each time more gruesomely than before.

Why has no thought of this before?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I have this great idea for a horror film. It would consist of a number of teenagers who are killed off one by one, each time more gruesomely than before.

Perhaps killed by crazed zombies?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Body of Evidence" with Madonna and Willem Dafoe was a complete rip-off of Sharon Stone's "Basic Instinct".

'Moonraker' being produced as a film ahead of the planned 'For Your Eyes Only' because of the success of Star Wars and being based in outer space with laser guns etc, and completely differing from the book.

Probably the only Ian Fleming penned James Bond Novel I have ever read. Vague recollection that the "action" takes place mainly on the East Kent Coast and Bond drives a vintage Bentley.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The dance scene in Airplane! is a direct rip off of Saturday night fever,
Someone should sue the makers! :annoyed:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the Death Star attack in Star Wars is a complete copy from 633 squadron (theres a great youtube with the former voiced over the latter to demonstrate).

movies plagiarism is rife, probably only be a couple of films a year otherwise.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
In the 1987 film ‘The Untouchables” an out of control child’s pushchair is shown descending the steps at Union Station thus building up the tension.
In the silent 1925 Russian film “The Battleship Potemkin” an out of control child’s pushchair is shown descending a flight of steps in Odessa.

Jul 7, 2003

I have an idea. Why not make most of them young and attractive but with some nerdy, sensible friend to offset the 'jock' who will be part of the group. They could head off to some remote cabin up in the woods. One of the attractive blond females will be shown having a shower or swimming naked just before she is killed. There could also be some form of double bluff including the local sheriff who either seems weird but ends up the hero or who looks after them and is in league with the killer.

I think between us we could make a fortune with this idea!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here