Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Places to stay in France between Bordeaux and Dieppe

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Can anyone recommend good places for a family to spend a few nights between Bordeaux and Dieppe? Ideally want access to a reasonable sized town, a swimming pool, family cycling etc. I'm thinking of the Loire valley and I've stayed near Saumur a few times so somewhere different. Any recommendations gratefully received.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Can anyone recommend good places for a family to spend a few nights between Bordeaux and Dieppe? Ideally want access to a reasonable sized town, a swimming pool, family cycling etc. I'm thinking of the Loire valley and I've stayed near Saumur a few times so somewhere different. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Thats a fairly big area!

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I would recommend La Rochelle/Isle de Re. Flat as a pancake for cycling and lots of sandy beaches for swimming. Can be pricey there though, and you would have a long haul from Dieppe and then only a shortish trip to Bordeaux.
In the Loire Valley, Tours and Chenonceaux are charming, but you may already know that from visiting Saumur. Chartres is pleasant but maybe not enough to do for kids

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You could try Yelloh Village campsites. Every one has a pool, etc accommodation in caravans or chalets. That way you can book with the same company and one night, two nights etc on the way.

http://www.francebedandbreakfasts.com/
Alternatively, you could try bed & breakfast sites like this one.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I would recommend La Rochelle/Isle de Re. Flat as a pancake for cycling and lots of sandy beaches for swimming. Can be pricey there though, and you would have a long haul from Dieppe and then only a shortish trip to Bordeaux.
In the Loire Valley, Tours and Chenonceaux are charming, but you may already know that from visiting Saumur. Chartres is pleasant but maybe not enough to do for kids
I echo the recommendation of Il de Re, lovely place.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Tours is well worth a visit.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I live near Limoges so based on your travel route I would recommend Poitiers as the town to stay near and this particular campsite (which I have stayed at) which is about 20 mins away and close to Futuroscope. The campsite has excellent facilities including a great swimming pool.

http://www.campinglacdesaintcyr.fr/en/

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here