Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fish and chip debate

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
So, I just got served fish without the skin on the bottom and got charged full whack, where as the other fish and chip shop is cheaper plus it has the skin on the fish....

....plus who the bloody hell puts ketchup on chips?
Brown all the way...

Anyways.. do you prefer skin on or skinless?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I wouldn't be too fussed either way.

As an aside, what's the best fish and chip shop in Brighton and Hove?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This has made me fancy fish 'n' chips tonight.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
New chippy opening up on Trafalgar St pretty much opposite Sing Li's. Looks like they're going for BHA fans as they're using all the colours.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My nearest is The Daily Catch on St James's Street. A little pricey, but outstanding.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Also, in my book, fish & chips doesn't count as takeway. Chinese, kebab or pizza is takeaway. Fish & chips isn't. Probably why I'm so fat :shrug:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Ketchup is heaven, even I have mushy peas on the side as well. Skins are a luxury, but I can't claim to be a fish & chip aficionado because I don't have it regularly.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Where is that cos Sing Li is not in Trafelgar St it is in Guildford St.

Oh is it? Always thought of that asTrafalgar St. To answer your question it is the premises on the corner, last time I knew it was an Internet cafe. It's been a few different things over the years.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh is it? Always thought of that asTrafalgar St. To answer your question it is the premises on the corner, last time I knew it was an Internet cafe. It's been a few different things over the years.

Must look out for it. Is that next to Divalls cafe? If it is VFM it should do well but the cafe/coffee shops there have always struggled or appear to as nearly always very few people in it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, I just got served fish without the skin on the bottom and got charged full whack, where as the other fish and chip shop is cheaper plus it has the skin on the fish....

....plus who the bloody hell puts ketchup on chips?
Brown all the way...

Anyways.. do you prefer skin on or skinless?

NO Ketchup
NO Brown

FishnChips
SaltnVinegar

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I agree about Fillets. Its the best Fish n Chips I had since the Chinese on Upper Lewes Road in the 80's and early 90's.
The batter is succulent and the Cod is delicious massive flakes, Always the Friday meal at out House.
:):):)

I endorse the vote for Fillets - absolute top drawer.

Anyone been to the chippy a few shops down from Hove station, almost next to the pub that keeps on changing its name? It looks quite fancy, wondered what it was like

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here