Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Avios points

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My wife and I flew with British Airways a while back and ever since I get a monthly email statement. I have 6916 points. I am not sure of their worth and I don't believe that are going to be of any use to us in the near future, so if anyone can make use of them ( as long as a transfer is straight forward ) they are up for grabs. A small charitable donation to either REMF or AITC would be appreciated. Pm me if you are interested.
No Nigerian Princes or Widows, ta very much. :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My wife and I flew with British Airways a while back and ever since I get a monthly email statement. I have 6916 points. I am not sure of their worth and I don't believe that are going to be of any use to us in the near future, so if anyone can make use of them ( as long as a transfer is straight forward ) they are up for grabs. A small charitable donation to either REMF or AITC would be appreciated. Pm me if you are interested.

They are not worth much at all unfortunately. Also keep in mind Avios strictly cannot be transferred outside of family accounts, they do regularly police this and will take them away if found to break this. I'd be careful.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
They are not worth much at all unfortunately. Also keep in mind Avios strictly cannot be transferred outside of family accounts, they do regularly police this and will take them away if found to break this. I'd be careful.

Fair enough. Just a shame to let them go to waste if somebody can make use of them. As for transfering, unless I've misread their terms then you can transfer upto 27,000 free of charge..http://www.britishairways.com/travel/share-avios/public/en_gb

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Actually they are pretty good. I had around 22k points and they took 9k points for £90 off our flights to Edingburgh in a couple of weeks time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

They don't expire, so maybe try to collect a few more - exchanging Tesco clubcard vouchers or example ? I get quite a few through BA travel at work, not always easy to use but worthwhile waiting for the opportunity either through getting money off a flight (as mentioned above) or to pay for a flight (9000 would get you to Edinburgh for example)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

This. Avios replaced the old BA Air Miles scheme, which, in it's day, really WERE worth something. Avios in comparison are worth comparatively little.

Jul 7, 2003
Avios are much more flexible than may schemes. I have just used some of mine for car hire and hotel bookings. Eurostar was always one of the better bargains on there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here