Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Chestnut reclaims 4th of July crown eating 70 hot dogs in 10 minutes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i'm sick and tired of American's being stereotyped at a nation of gun toting lunatics.

So enough with the generalising news cycle, America can make people proud.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/nathans-fa...-reclaims-4th-july-crown-70-franks-10-1568955

1467660776164.jpg

The world record in 1980 was 8 hot dogs in 10 minutes.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This is just gluttony. If you have ever had an O'Hagens hot dog, which was the late night snack before the Market Diner, Buddies, Pizza and other modern heart attack inducing food existed.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
When I was in America last year, on 4th July, I couldn't believe all these eating events are on ESPN! It's not a sport!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I know this probably isn't the kind of reply this thread was after, and I surprise myself with how strongly I react when I see these competitions, but I find them physically (especially physically) and morally repulsive. Is it just me?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I know this probably isn't the kind of reply this thread was after, and I surprise myself with how strongly I react when I see these competitions, but I find them physically (especially physically) and morally repulsive. Is it just me?

I don't find you that repulsive, don't be so hard on yourself.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Yes, it really is disgusting. I don't know why people would want to watch it. I wouldn't want to watch someone eat ONE hot dog, let alone stuff a load of them in their mouth over the course of 10 minutes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's as near the reaction I was after as any.

i'm sick and tired of American's being stereotyped at a nation of gun toting lunatics cos they're all fookin fat as well.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Surely there must be some heath risks from consuming so much junk food In such a short time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish I hadn't started this now:-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/22/bacon-eating-world-record-matt-stonie_n_6730362.html

Matt ‘Megatoad’ Stonie, one of Major League Eating’s top two eaters in the world, just set the bacon-eating record by housing 182 slices in five minutes...
...It wasn’t immediately clear whether Chestnut would try to pilfer the pork record, but Stonie can rest easy knowing that today is his day. In fact, it has been his month — he has set several records in Florida, including today’s in Daytona and a 14.5-pound birthday cake eating record set in West Palm Beach on Feb. 14.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That said, The Word was a cracking programme . . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here