Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone user plumbs new DEPTHS of stupidity

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have not the words...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-plane-passenger-stopped-at-stansted-with-ip/

Plane passenger stopped at Stansted with iPhone case shaped like a gun

102660473-iphone-gun-case-NEWS-large_trans++D3d2dmOlWYuQkR76XZjLQOfDJPX_zq4urDBR_9UuL-A.jpg

102660472-iphone-NEWS-large_trans++rXQPXGvM58CJoUBPwmOnP8ZizxpLuZqzh9z0a2I7-Dw.jpg

An air passenger was stopped at Stansted Airport yesterday after being spotted with an iPhone case shaped like a gun.

Essex Police tweeted a picture of the device and suggested that the unidentified traveller could have been mistaken for a terrorist and shot by armed officers.

A second tweet added: “Bringing this to an airport makes it much less likely you’ll catch your plane. #dontbedaft.”

It is not clear whether the device was actually sticking out of its owner’s pocket when it was spotted.

“[The picture] is for illustration only and for thought only. The item was located during a routine security search,” added Essex Police.

It did not confirm whether the passenger would face further action but suggested that they might be charge with “Sec 5 Public Order and possibly Sec 19 Possession of Imitation Firearm in a Public Place.”

Other Twitter users registered their incredulity. “I've seen some daft things in my time at Stansted but that's just pure stupidity,” said one.

“The Common Sense gene is recessive in SO many people,” added another.

It is not the first time the same gun-shaped iPhone case, available online from around £10, has landed its owner in hot water.

Last summer, the Winnipeg Sun reported that a 34-year-old man was confronted by police armed with rifles and tasers after the novelty item was spotted. It was confiscated, but the man did not face charges.

“Cell phone case shaped like a gun = terrible idea,” said Royal Canadian Mounted Police at the time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As long as this only applies to iPhone cases, and I can still use my gun shaped passport holder, knife shaped tic-tac dispenser and grenade shaped hip flask.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As his fellow passenger with a gun shaped like an iPhone passed through unhindered. Mwaha, mwaha, mwahaaaahaaahhahaahaaaa

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
As long as this only applies to iPhone cases, and I can still use my gun shaped passport holder, knife shaped tic-tac dispenser and grenade shaped hip flask.

You jest
Went to a gun fair in the states and the stand doing a roaring trade was for personal stun guns disguised as cell phones,fag packets,walking sticks,torches and lipstick dispensers.
Strange behaviour

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My dad was a copper at Gatwick, he used to tell me stories of some of the things idiots used to carry around the airport.
I am talking switch blades and Stanley knives for starters
This is going back to the late 80s early 90s.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
How times have changed. In 1983 (then age 18) I went to Spain with my girlfriend. I saw an interesting article in a souvenir shop and bought it. It was a cigarette lighter made out of a hand grenade, you pull the pin to get the flame to work. I bought it. When the time came to go home I checked my travel info and it said "don't put lighters in your suitcase ". So it went in my hand luggage. I went through security at Girona airport and travel home with what looked to all intense and purposes like a hand grenade. I still have it, though the lighter has now run out. Whenever I see stories like the iPhone case I think of what I did with the grenade and remember that nobody is perfect

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
My dad was a copper at Gatwick, he used to tell me stories of some of the things idiots used to carry around the airport.
I am talking switch blades and Stanley knives for starters
This is going back to the late 80s early 90s.
Fair chance he knows my old man then, he was also Gatwick police around the same time.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Very lucky not to have been tazered at the very least surely. C***!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here