Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new Prime Minister Theresa May, and her cabinet...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Greg Clark - Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy... the end of the Dept of Energy & Climate Change?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Political equivalent of announcing the subs now - whoooo?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Andrea Leadsom joins the cabinet as Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.

A big promotion after a short spell as Minister of State for Energy at the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
At least she gets to put being a farmer, Egg McMuffin and shepherd on her CV now. Although she could go big and claim to have been God for a short while as Environment is involved.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
James Brokenshire is the new Secretary of State for Northern Ireland.

Brokenshire to NI? What Next? Colin shithole to be the new Provost of Burnley? :shootself

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
All looking rather male and south-east dominated at the moment. Where are all the women we were promised, hopefully to be announced soon?

We were promised women? Isn't that an ISIS thing, and don't you have to blow yourself up first?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Damian Green MP is appointed as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions.

Damian's a friend of a friend of mine. I've met him a few times and he seems okay for a Tory (which isn't saying much). Reading fan, who actually attends matches regularly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry... you will need to explain that to me :shrug:

Over the years, NI has been a 'broken shire'. So its quite ironic that the man now in charge is called Brokenshire. Likewise, if someone called 'Shithole' was put in charge of Burnley, that would also be ironic, since Burnley is a shithole. I used 'Provost' because momentarily I forgot the word 'mayor'. This happens to me from time to time. Its probably the drink. I hope that clarifies things for you :cheers:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Over the years, NI has been a 'broken shire'. So its quite ironic that the man now in charge is called Brokenshire. Likewise, if someone called 'Shithole' was put in charge of Burnley, that would also be ironic, since Burnley is a shithole. I used 'Provost' because momentarily I forgot the word 'mayor'. This happens to me from time to time. Its probably the drink. I hope that clarifies things for you :cheers:

If you had said CROYDON, I would probably have got it... Sorry for being thick!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Seems like a good appointment to me. Farmers are one of the significant beneficiary of the EU, Andrea Leadsom will be keen to ensure that they get a reasonable settlement.

On voting to leave the EU, the UK government will absolutely continue in the short term to provide those subsidies whilst we think about what makes sense. And some of the things that would make sense would be environmental trading credits, because at the moment you have farmers who have to do a bit of environmental planning and a bit of farming just to meet the EU requirements. - Leadsom March 2016

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
On voting to leave the EU, the UK government will absolutely continue in the short term to provide those subsidies whilst we think about what makes sense. And some of the things that would make sense would be environmental trading credits, because at the moment you have farmers who have to do a bit of environmental planning and a bit of farming just to meet the EU requirements. - Leadsom March 2016

Haha. I think she's stitching up everyone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here