Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the dullest pre-season ever?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No manager shenanigans.

No great exodus of players.

No great influx of players expected.

No pre-season tour people can go on.

A new kit that the club seemingly can't be arsed to even tease us with.

It's all quite bizarre. Maybe it will all ramp up once the Euro 2016 final is complete and we countdown to the first friendly.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It has been boring. We need some news on the supposed 2nd striker that might break the transfer record. That would liven things up a bit!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
After some of our more recent close seasons I thought I'd enjoy a quiet one but I NEED SOME EXCITEMENT!!!!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I find the dullness strangely reassuring - recent pre-seasons have all had in different ways a feeling of rush, with last-minute decisions being taken. This time it feels as if we have a largely settled squad, a clear view of the gaps that still need filling (and processes going on calmly behind the scenes to fill them), while the squad themselves get on with training and pre-season preparation, with most of them this time having a full pre-season to do so, and to learn and practice their roles for the season ahead.
This has to be better surely?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really like the 'no great exodus of players' but will be much happier when Kayal signs a deal.

Will the U21s be wearing the new away kit vs Hastings on Wednesday ???

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No manager shenanigans.

No great exodus of players.

No great influx of players expected.

No pre-season tour people can go on.

A new kit that the club seemingly can't be arsed to even tease us with.

It's all quite bizarre. Maybe it will all ramp up once the Euro 2016 final is complete and we countdown to the first friendly.

Thank goodness for Brexit and SouthernFail to keep us going. Otherwise people would have been starting threads about keeping cows as pets..............Oh

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
The great exodus might yet come when all our EU players need to go home. :moo:

Nobody is sending anybody home.

Nobody has even mentioned sending footballers home. Why would they? They are earning a good wage, not claiming benefits and paying their taxes.
We would have to be insane to start repatriating them.
If anyone threatens the players in my team they had better watch their backs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nobody is sending anybody home.

Nobody has even mentioned sending footballers home. Why would they? They are earning a good wage, not claiming benefits and paying their taxes.
We would have to be insane to start repatriating them.
If anyone threatens the players in my team they had better watch their backs.

See the :moo:, yes, that :moo:, the one I put at the end of the sentence like this :moo: that means I wasn't serious.:moo::thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I saw a rumour of us and Derby gunning for Kodjia but not sure on credibility. Jordan Cousins also strongly linked.

City are trying to build a promotion chasing team and do not need to sell players. I very much doubt Kodjia is going to another Champiosnhip club.

I think we may live to rue this thread and I won't feel confident until Kayal and Stephens have signed new contracts. At the moment dull is good IMO.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Even the rumours have dried up since Michael Owen retired, Zamora signed last year and Murray signed this year. Where's the nonsense?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here