Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American cops killing black men

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cop should be done for murder.... He won't of course.

Trump would probably put him up for a citation.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Waits for the usual suspects to wade in and say he deserved it for his criminal past etc. The trigger happy nature of the US police is quite simply terrifying.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Shoot first, it's been the American motto since time began. Backwards and inbred nation.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Any minute now someone will post on here accusing them of being racist!

(And yes, I am being sarcastic)

Not sure its individual racism, and black cops have been guilty of this sort of thing, but there is definitely something wrong with the police there.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
well having watched that I know which one is panicking
how in hells name did that policeman get a uniform or even a gun

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I haven't watched it, but I assume you're all mistaken, because guns don't kill people.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's got to be due to the culture of fear they have in the States.

They feel the need to be armed because they fear that if they don't have firearms, then they will be attacked and killed as other people are out to do them harm. Police officers responding to a situation are fearful of being shot on duty and will shoot first to protect themselves. One of the recent cases involved the individual with a permit to carry a firearm being asked for his driving license, which he tried to retrieve from his glove box, the officer shot him fearing he was reaching for a gun.

Their media doesn't help, and actually fuels this fear. There was a US TV show i caught late one night when looking through the channels and it was supposed to be showing images from when there are large scale riots and public disorder, they included a march held in the UK where people were walking down the road waving flags in protest (shaky mobile phone type footage) and the presenters tried to make it out to be a mass rampage causing untold damage.

Gun lobbies, etc, fuel the need to protect yourself from anyone and you need a gun to do this and push sales by using fear as a sales tactic (there are massive surges in gun sales following a mass shooting)

Some places, if someones holding a party, there will be individuals who actually don't join in but will be armed and stand guard outside of a small party or similar celebration / gathering to protect those taking part because they fear an attack at any moment.

There are also people over there that have at least 1 firearm in every room in the house because they fear being attacked and are worried that they could otherwise find themselves trapped in a room without a weapon and killed by a burglar or similar

Now add in a country that seemingly places little value in human life, (rather protect gun laws over school children or the opposition to Government funded healthcare (Obamacare) and the lack of willing to help the unfortunate and the desperate) Plus add in very low pay, where people can work 2 jobs and still fail to make ends meet and the resulting poverty pushes people towards crime to survive (which people then fear because they interpret a robber or burglar as someone out to do them physical harm rather than someone who will flee if they think they are about to be discovered / caught (again media creates this illusion)

Having this mix and also having so many armed individuals makes it a very tricky and dangerous place to police.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I haven't watched it, but I assume you're all mistaken, because guns don't kill people.

The cops had guns, the victims had guns but surely it wouldn't have happened if they had even more guns to protect them (as the NRA and other gun lobby groups usually say as a defence for their gun laws)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The cops had guns, the victims had guns but surely it wouldn't have happened if they had even more guns to protect them
Well exactly, too much gun control meant that the victim's family were not carrying the guns required to defend him.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No rappers do..

But no seriously, this is what happens when everyone is allowed guns, girlfriend seemed more worried about how she was gonna get home than her dead boyfriend, hmm maybe it was a new relationship..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here