Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno Club Captain

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The Spanish right-back, who replaces Gordon Greer as skipper, is one of the club's longest-serving players and played every league game last season.

Manager Chris Hughton said, "Bruno is hugely respected by everyone in the squad, throughout the club, and by the fans.

"He's a fantastic professional and sets a superb example on and off the pitch. He stood in for Gordon Greer last season and he was the obvious choice as captain."

Bruno added, "I'm really proud and it's a big responsibility for me. We know how important it is to be a captain in England, especially for a player who isn't from England.

"It doesn't change too much. I'm going to keep doing the same things. It's about being an example for the young lads and the rest of the players."

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Is this not just the SMOOTHEST mother ****er you've ever seen in your life...

attachment.php

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Yeah Yeah, Well done Bruno! But to be honest we all expected this to happen. What I want to know is WHO IS VICE CAPTAIN.

Is it Beram Kayal?

And if not why not?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah Yeah, Well done Bruno! But to be honest we all expected this to happen. What I want to know is WHO IS VICE CAPTAIN.

Is it Beram Kayal?

And if not why not?

Because he hasn't signed a new contract yet. If he doesn't, we might want to cash in

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would guess Rosenior? He is the next most senior player is he not? He probably trains well and appears, from the outside anyway, to be great example setter.

Yep I'll agree with that, Liam always comes across very well, and you hear far more from him than you ever do Beram Kayal.

Not sure Kayal has any ambitions captaincy wise. He was certainly never one at Celtic.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Didn't there used to be a distinction between a club captain and the team captain or am I mis-remembering things?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here