Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyler Forbes

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
20 year old right back from Fleetwood signing.
A winger who can play right back. Cover for Bruno and one for the future

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
20 year old right back from Fleetwood signing.
A winger who can play right back. Cover for Bruno and one for the future

Interesting one . Wonder why he is deemed better than our current dev right backs .

I know people will say Goldson but he was highly rated and player of the season . This lad not even first choice .

Still , welcome to the club and let's hope it's clever business .

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
d974f15d02ef3722c6372c03ebf59165.jpg

Bronze 55 rated on FIFA 16. Looks OK for a backup with potential.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good luck to Tyler.

Surprised we didn't get a left back, as without Calde and Chicksen we have less cover this season, but nevertheless it's good to get a 4th fullback in.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just spoke to a friend who is a season ticket holder at Fleetwood and his comments were "he can be a good, but spent a lot of time on the bench"

Development squad then.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Interesting one . Wonder why he is deemed better than our current dev right backs .

I know people will say Goldson but he was highly rated and player of the season . This lad not even first choice .

Still , welcome to the club and let's hope it's clever business .

He's made 33 appearances, not bad for a 20 year old!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like a good potential signing to me, bearing in mind he will be cover if he signs.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The whole point is, his agent marketed him because at Fleetwood he was actually second choice to a player who went to Euro 2016, so he felt his growth and opportunities were being stunted. Less than 100k, and I suspect a whopping sell on clause. Good business.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Good luck to Tyler.

Surprised we didn't get a left back, as without Calde and Chicksen we have less cover this season, but nevertheless it's good to get a 4th fullback in.

We may still get one but we have Bong, Rosenior and then potentially Rob Hunt and Dylan Barnett who have both impressed at U21 level. Hunt turns 21 tomorrow and wouldn't have been kept on to just make up the numbers. Wouldn't be a surprise if he was in the squad for the Colchester game.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Small fee if only five figures and a player that has played a decent number of league football for a 20 year old defender. Its harder for young defenders to get game time at any level compared to midfielders/strikers as defenders tend to mature as footballers later and if they make a mistake it often leads to a goal.

Pleased that we are starting to sign young British players with potential from the lower leagues (that have actually played a few games) rather than randoms from Scandinavia who just get released a couple of years later. I guess Chicksen was in this mould and didn't develop but still, here's hoping.

Welcome Tyler and good luck :)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We had an email at work t'other day from a chap whose name is PHOEBES. He said that in his country it is pronounced FORBES, but now that he works in the UK everyone is calling him the lady version of the name. He was quite upset, from the sound of it, but his request to have his name changed on our record to "SolidRock" was rejected until he'd carried out such a change by deed poll.

Anywho, pleased at the thought of a youngster with a tad of experience who has the potential to be a decent stand-in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here