Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

99p a Litre Whitewash at Wilkoson,s or Chihot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always found Wilkinsons paint to be awful and you need twice as much as a named brand like Dulux or Crown to achieve the same results, not that I ever decorate I leave that to my sons and they always say to make sure I buy a decent brand

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Should use a painter and decorator but I quite like doing it. Cheap paint ? False economy.

I hate the way the big DIY houses market paint as "trade" to try and convince you that is what the professionals use. Yep - if they are painting a school :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The problem when you buy these cheap emulsions from Wickes and B & Q etc is that their wall colours generally contain no vinyl so they are what we call in the trade ..... Contract paints. Try washing a mark on the wall with a damp cloth and see what happens. Stick with Dulux. Still the best.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
You really do get what you pay for.
I wouldn't be touching the cheap stuff.
It's probably 'contract' paint, which means it's dreadfully thin and you'll be putting on at least four coats.
Go with Dulux trade. It's superb.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I have always found Wilkinsons paint to be awful and you need twice as much as a named brand like Dulux or Crown to achieve the same results, not that I ever decorate I leave that to my sons and they always say to make sure I buy a decent brand

My late father in law was a painter & decorator but said that Wilkinson's paint was good.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Terrible coverage on the emulsions we sell more equivalents knocked up in Johnstones Trade than the real thing. Saying that the eggshell is not bad for a water based product.

The water based has been exposed on my beach hut doors for 3+ years and still going strong. They have been taken over by a private equity firm though so I am not sure about the present/future quality.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The water based has been exposed on my beach hut doors for 3+ years and still going strong. They have been taken over by a private equity firm though so I am not sure about the present/future quality.
Cheapened the brand when they sold their soul to Homebase IMO.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here