Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any carpenters actually want any work?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Any local carpenters on here or can anyone recommend one to do a job for me near Eastbourne?

Have emailed 3 local carpenters and not one has bothered to get back to me in over a week which is disappointing. The economy must be thriving post brexit vote.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Have you tried to call them?

I know a couple around my way that have an email address just because they got one when their website was set up. However the majority of their work comes over the phone so rarely check email

I know its an archaic form of communication but it often works

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Have you tried to call them?

I know a couple around my way that have an email address just because they got one when their website was set up. However the majority of their work comes over the phone so rarely check email

I know its an archaic form of communication but it often works

Have left messages with all of them.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What do you need doing?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So, the eastern European builders have all gone home, leaving us with our native species who voted them out, who are now comfortably reclined on their laurels turning work away whilst they wait for the return of £180 per day. Who would of guessed it huh? :lol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So, the eastern European builders have all gone home, leaving us with our native species who voted them out, who are now comfortably reclined on their laurels turning work away whilst they wait for the return of £180 per day. Who would of guessed it huh? :lol:

Out of interest , how much do you think a decent self employed carpenter should be earning a day?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Or perhaps the chippies he asked are rushed off their feet at the moment. Just a thought.
Mind you a polite reply to the e-mail should be the norm.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

As for returning to180 a day. I've got news for you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Out of interest , how much do you think a decent self employed carpenter should be earning a day?

I imagine a good one is able to earn way more than £180 a day. Try finding one who isn't booked up for months, oh hang on I think this thread pretty well backs that up?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Well the last company i worked for in the trade just before Xmas were paying Brickies £200 a day,so i'd think Chippies would be on more up here.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
agree entirely, you get what you pay for. you can pay someone cheap, then pay three times that getting a proper chippy to fix it, plus then have to pay material costs twice. your call.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

When the economy's f*cked no-one will be hiring any chippies at all.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Must admit that I thought £180 a day was a bit much, but apparently not. Guessing that most carpentry is indoors, so that makes about 48k per year allowing for 4 weeks holiday, not too bad for being self employed and claiming an awful lot of tax breaks.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ask em in a couple of months when they've cleared their order books, you will get it done cheaper then too..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here