Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biggest team achievement of 2016 so far

Team of the year

• The English rugby team - beat Aus away in a test series for first time (3-0!)

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Leicester City

Votes: 91 86.7%
  • Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wales but only if they get to the final

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Wales but only if they win the tournament

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Leicester. Wales have done great, but when you think about it, the only team of note they've beaten is Belgium. If they win the tournament, that would be proper amazing, but still not as impressive as Leicester.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Leicester. Wales have done great, but when you think about it, the only team of note they've beaten is Belgium. If they win the tournament, that would be proper amazing, but still not as impressive as Leicester.

And we absolutely played them off the park....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Is Wales actually that big of an achievement?

Yes getting to the Semis is better than they could have imagined, but it's not like the starting 11 is that bad?

Ramsey,Bale,Williams,Davies, Allen, Ledley, Chester, Taylor etc are not bad players are they, all premiership players and a few have Played in the CL and Won things.

I would say the semis is one round better than that team should be getting to but not even close to Leicester, or even Northern Ireland.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
england rugby team in australia.

never done before!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good call, although I was thinking from a British perspective. Also remember that Iceland only played one decent team before being spanked by France, and only actually drew in that one.

The one decent team being? Hungary I assume. Portugal have been ****ing awful.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The one decent team being? Hungary I assume. Portugal have been ****ing awful.
You mean apart from beating Croatia and not even looking like losing a game all tournament?

I don't get this nonsense about Portugal being "awful". They've got the job done every single time. Hungary on the other hand, whilst being enjoyable to watch, didn't seem to be able to defend.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Must be Iceland , ranked 151st before the Euros qualifying rounds now at 34th , *please note these are just the FIFA rankings so mean fook all i suppose ,

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Leicester City by far, in my opinion. England's record in Australia is poor historically but that was only over 3 games. Wales have done very well but tournament football is generally much more random (see Greece and Denmark) and it's not been a strong European Championship in my view.

Leicester, on the other hand, beat the biggest teams in England over 38 games comfortably with a squad that was significantly worse. An achievement that won't be matched for many years (if ever again with the increasing disparity in English football).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here