Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations JUNO Probe

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Fabulous scientific achievement shows that despite all the medieval Middle Eastern madness and Westminster moronics, there are pointers which show us that mankind still has a core resolution to explore and progress.

I loved the description from a scientist yesterday that the pressure at the centre of Jupiter , where hydrogen is in a metallic state , is the equivalent of a thousand elephants on top of each other with the bottom one wearing as stiletto. Prove it I say! Quite superb simile.
Can't find the BBC link page , they must have removed it, but it was good to read.

TNBA

TTF

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I still look at pictures of the surface of Mars with awe, I find it all fascinating. I've always fancied having a decent telescope to look at space.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It makes wonder if the probe circling the atmos on Jupiter could be affecting the weather on planet earth, could explain our worst summer ever

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I still look at pictures of the surface of Mars with awe, I find it all fascinating. I've always fancied having a decent telescope to look at space.

Just look at the Amex after 85 minutes, plenty of space there :D

But seriously I would love to llook through a 'proper' scope at the heavens in a dark place. :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Receipt of the radio messages prompted wild cheering at Nasa's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California."

Is that what constitutes wild cheering these days?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
"Receipt of the radio messages prompted wild cheering at Nasa's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California."

Is that what constitutes wild cheering these days?

There was an awkward moment when one of the them started high fiving people and the boffins he was trying to high five reluctantly participated in what is frankly an activity about a million intellects below them!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
GTR are looking into using the same technology to see if they can get a Train on time within the next 5 years . (good luck with that )

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's just fantastic. Mind-boggling calculations involved to plan to send something that far into distant space with a target five years away and execute that plan perfectly and have it go into orbit on 4th July. :unclesam: :bowdown:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The human race is truly remarkable at times.

Still can't construct a bag for pasta that doesn't split or a lid for milk that the little tab doesn't rip off though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here