Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky fixture changes

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Can someone tell me, please

a) how far into the season Sky's messing about has gone already (is the Newcastle game now definite)

b)how can I work this out for myself in future

many thanks.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Can someone tell me, please

a) how far into the season Sky's messing about has gone already (is the Newcastle game now definite)

b)how can I work this out for myself in future

many thanks.

Only the first couple of weeks messed with so far. Next batch due to be announced end of this week

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
There is a 'Fan Commitment' ...

'..decisions on televised fixtures are to be made at the earliest possible convenience to assist attending supporters'

Read more at http://www.efl.com/news/article/201...n-commitment-3149220.aspx#zSVhO3TaFZODsylz.99

It doesn't really go into details..

Newcastle at Fulham on the first Friday, Forest having to travel to us on the following Friday, I'd love to know what their criteria are for taking the traveling supporters into consideration.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There is a 'Fan Commitment' ...

'..decisions on televised fixtures are to be made at the earliest possible convenience to assist attending supporters'

Read more at http://www.efl.com/news/article/201...n-commitment-3149220.aspx#zSVhO3TaFZODsylz.99

It doesn't really go into details..

The "Commitment" seems to be merely trying to announce changes a bit earlier. This being the case there is no reason they why they haven't already announced all the fixtures for at least August, September and October.

el punal

I can't wait for a Saturday afternoon home 3.00 p.m. fixture again. Almost forgotten what it feels like.

Cast your mind back to last February when we played Bolton and won. Wasn't that the last Saturday home fixture kick off at 3.00 p.m.? You sometimes wish that we were back in the Sami Hyypia days when we were so shit that the TV companies wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. ???

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The "Commitment" seems to be merely trying to announce changes a bit earlier. This being the case there is no reason they why they haven't already announced all the fixtures for at least August, September and October.

I guess because they want to know what's what.

Last thing you want is to show anyone but Leeds once they are 15 points ahead, but they have to wait and see that's the case, obviously it will be.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I guess because they want to know what's what.

Last thing you want is to show anyone but Leeds once they are 15 points ahead, but they have to wait and see that's the case, obviously it will be.

The league table is meaningless until after 10 games, they have to show everyone at least once why not get on with it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The league table is meaningless until after 10 games, they have to show everyone at least once why not get on with it.

We know they don't show all the teams, it will be Newcastle/Leeds/Villa plus a few token games like Brighton V Forest

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Exactly, "early as possible" is not my definition of a commitment!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

End of the season I can understand a little bit but there should be an agreement that between August and March, 12 weeks notice is given to tie in with advance rail ticket release

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Cast your mind back to last February when we played Bolton and won. Wasn't that the last Saturday home fixture kick off at 3.00 p.m.? You sometimes wish that we were back in the Sami Hyypia days when we were so shit that the TV companies wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. ???

What a very odd response?? Where exactly did i say i wanted us to be shit? I just miss the traditional 3 p.m. Saturday kick off's and how the day runs with those. I wouldn't swap our success for them though.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I love the quote -
EFL Chief Executive, Shaun Harvey said: “Our first season rebranded as the EFL promises to be one of the most exciting yet for league football".
Isn't the rebranding because Sky Bet are no longer sponsers?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
13 Feb 2016 - home to Bolton
10 Sep 2016 - home to Brentford

No home Saturday 3pm kick-offs in between those two fixtures.

At the moment.

el punal

What a very odd response?? Where exactly did i say i wanted us to be shit? I just miss the traditional 3 p.m. Saturday kick off's and how the day runs with those. I wouldn't swap our success for them though.

You misunderstood my tongue in cheek comment! I was referring to you ( meaning everyone in general ) not you personally. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here