Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T: BBC1 versus BBC2?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Is anyone not able to get BBC2 these days?

What reason is there for the Beeb to bump programs like The One Show on to BBC2, and replace it with Wimbledon? Why can't they just show the tennis all the way through on BBC2?

I'm puzzled.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you'd think so. but its not a new thing, its always happened, its a prestige thing to have coverage on BBC1 and they like to put the few event that they have there.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
you'd think so. but its not a new thing, its always happened, its a prestige thing to have coverage on BBC1 and they like to put the few event that they have there.

I don't get this "prestige" thing. They are just two different channels from the same broadcaster. And Brian Cox seems to have been "promoted" from BBC2 to BBC1.

BBC2 has been around for long enough now, and we all have remote controls. Surely it mucks up recorders?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yeah, the same thing has been happening all these years, but the Beeb never seem to explain why.

We were watching the program Undercover a while back, then the last episode was knocked on two weeks later for another program.
I cannot even remember what it was for, but it makes you mad, when get into a series then you have to wait a bit longer.
Now when these type of series are on, we record the whole lot, makes it easier.:)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't get this "prestige" thing. They are just two different channels from the same broadcaster. And Brian Cox seems to have been "promoted" from BBC2 to BBC1.

its daft, but its the channel with "1" in it, so it must be the flagship channel.

the link above mentions ratings chasing. it seems eqully daft that people will simply have BBC1 (or ITV1) by default and therefore whatever is there gets higher audience figures.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
its daft, but its the channel with "1" in it, so it must be the flagship channel.

the link above mentions ratings chasing. it seems eqully daft that people will simply have BBC1 (or ITV1) by default and therefore whatever is there gets higher audience figures.

These "audiences" must be asleep or brain dead!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why not just throw the coverage over t the red button and keep the scheduled programmes where they are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here