Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calde

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Have there been any rumours, or indeed facts, about whether he has found a Club yet? Early days I realise. Luton at least I would have thought.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, but it would make sense for him to take his July payment from the albion and sign for someone on August 1st.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I heard a rumour that he was going to Charlton.

I thought all contracts finished June 30th?

They do. But football contracts have this quirk that if you leave a club and don't have a new club in July you get one month extra paid up. It's because of this that Sidwell will not be ours until 1st August - he'll pull in a month at the higher rate from Stoke first.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
They do. But football contracts have this quirk that if you leave a club and don't have a new club in July you get one month extra paid up. It's because of this that Sidwell will not be ours until 1st August - he'll pull in a month at the higher rate from Stoke first.
Does that stop him training with us or are players coming out of contract allowed to trial at clubs and still get the extra months dosh?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am hoping he will sign for Plymouth.
A) So I can watch him play.
B) Because most of the first team have left due to not getting promotion and lots of contracts running out. At this rate if they don't find some decent players they will be in a lot of trouble this season. Shame because when they were good last season they were easily league 1.
Chances of Calde coming down here though is almost zero.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7498202 said:
I don't think he is

My sources say he traveled with the squad to Tenerife (source: was wearing an Albion polo shirt through security at Gatwick today and the security guy was a fan)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Have there been any rumours, or indeed facts, about whether he has found a Club yet? Early days I realise. Luton at least I would have thought.

There is an interview with him in the Argus today. He is back in his home town of Vitoria (while maintaining a base in Brighton). He is training by himself. He has one offer from a League One club but is confident that another will come in from a Championship club. He would like to stay in the Championship; would drop down one division; and would consider Spanish second tier clubs and clubs in other countries.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here