Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michelle Walder, new Albion director

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was interested to see that the club has appointed its first female director. But after reading the announcement on the website several times, I'm no nearer to understanding what she does for a living.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...r-brighton-hove-albion-directors-3166401.aspx

"Ms Walder is CEO and co-founder of global leadership and business consultancy experts TXG, and joins the club as a non-executive director. She has wide experience in strategic HR policy matters and also in senior level people development."

You what? There's more:

"Ms Walder co-founded TXG in 2004 to deliver bespoke leadership effectiveness projects for clients all over the world."

I apologise deeply for my entirely unworthy reaction, but all that gobbledygook reminded me instantly of this (starting at 3' 35"):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tPTeYuBT_s

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I hope to God she doesn't make the players attend any HR power point presentations. Nothing worse.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Basically HR and a bit of Operations by the sound of it. And telling managers/directors how to talk to minions without upsetting them

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sounds like a sensible appointment to be honest, you need to have a strong HR person on the board in most sizeable businesses. An impressive CV, with a remit to get the best out of top level staff, what's not to like?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Have a look at their website. Its vomit inducing. Buzz-word bingo points awarded for finding the following words: leveraging, seemless, network.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If we go any further down this PC route we will find ourselves employing homosexuals, where will it all end? :cheery:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
In addition to her attendance at the club's board meetings, Ms Walder will become chair of the club’s new women’s football subsidiary (a requirement for membership of Women's Super League), and will also chair the club’s HR committee, which, among other matters, considers policy and remuneration.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1459..._Albion_appoint_female_director/?ref=mr&lp=11

I really don't see the point of this. What is the future benefit of supporting womens football?

I know its not pc to say it but genuinely what is the benefit that we get from it? I know male and female fans alike who don't understand the prominence it is given.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Seems like a sensible appointment, due in no small part to the rise of the women's team.

Although I'm sure some of you are joking (possibly...), but if we can try to keep the misogynistic nonsense of this thread please, that would be peachy... :thumbsup:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The gravy train that is modern football, with all its hangers on, rumbles on.................and on. More of the season ticket and sky money paid by us all going on peripherals.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here