Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves

alexanderhills

Feb 14, 2014
Cuckfield
Guillem Balague reporting that they're on the verge of a takeover by the 7th richest man in China as well as close to appointing former Real Valacano, Real Madrid B, Spain U19, U20, U21 and Porto (only last year) manager Julen Lopetegui. Championship is looking tougher already.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Guillem Balague reporting that they're on the verge of a takeover by the 7th richest man in China as well as close to appointing former Real Valacano, Real Madrid B, Spain U19, U20, U21 and Porto (only last year) manager Julen Lopetegui. Championship is looking tougher already.

No doubt a bargain buy given the low value of the pound

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes. The 7th richest man in China is an expert on 1950's English football.

To be fair, if I was spending millions of pounds on a football club I'd be keen to know as much of their history as possible before I completed the deal.

Probably has little knowledge of any football clubs and would be influenced by his advisors who would have the knowledge.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Maybe he likes local cuisine ?
When I was in Wolves for a week teaching them how to use inside toilets there was a bloke who kept telling me I should have my dinner at the "Tipton Poi Factry" where, apparently, they serve your dinner on a shovel.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Does FFP not exist now ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They are a good buy, Leeds without the baggage.

If you look at the "smaller" teams in the Premier League - I'm not sure how they could compete with well run, financially secure Wolves (or Leeds).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here