Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10,000 expected at The Amex

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
... on each day from Friday 15th July to Sunday 17th July.

Anyone from on here going to be there?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is the swimming pool coming back ? Quite fancy a dip in that, as long as I'm not being fingered by a priest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is the swimming pool coming back ? Quite fancy a dip in that, as long as I'm not being fingered by a priest.

Oh, I'll stay at home then.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm assuming that there won't be a blood donor session in the lounge at the same time?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I always remember the first office Christmas party we had at my first full time job in Brighton as a 19 year old. The office split in 2 over the venue - 'Dig in The Ribs' v Curry. I was in the curry camp. It turned into such a heated argument, as bad as Brexit and what won 'Dig in The Ribs' the day was the complete and utter vitriolic, passionate zeal of this one girl that it HAD to be 'Dig in The Ribs' and nowhere else. So, 'Dig in the Ribs' it was. She was a Jehovah's Witness and she wasn't even going to it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahh, Dig in the Ribs, had a few Christmas office jamboree's in there down the years. I used to like the Tex Mex Mix, which was a blackened assortment of just about every animal body part you could imagine, tastefully arranged on a dustbin lid. Almost irresistible, for some reason. I think the service was so slow I was always seven sheets to the wind by the time it arrived.

Ahh, Dig in the Ribs, had a few Christmas office jamboree's in there down the years. I used to like the Tex Mex Mix, which was a blackened assortment of just about every animal body part you could imagine, tastefully arranged on a dustbin lid. Almost irresistible, for some reason. I think the service was so slow I was always seven sheets to the wind by the time it arrived.

Was brilliant 20 years ago amazed its still in business at the moment! Its blooming awful now!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Was brilliant 20 years ago amazed its still in business at the moment! Its blooming awful now!

It was 1997 when I last went there for our Christmas office party. I ended up having a drunken tryst at the table with a female colleague. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Its probably been about 20 years since I've been there, I'd heard its gone massively downhill.
Shame. I used to LOVE the hot buffalo wings starters.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I hope they get the security right for this. Must be a potential target, at least as much as a football match.

What do they do at these things? I'm sort of intrigued.

Oct 25, 2003
I hope they get the security right for this. Must be a potential target, at least as much as a football match.

What do they do at these things? I'm sort of intrigued.

Jehovah's Witnesses Convention
The Amex is the chosen venue for Jehovah’s Witnesses 3 day convention again this year from 15-17 July.
Around 10,000 Witnesses from Brighton, the South of England and South London will gather together to enjoy a program of helpful Bible based instruction and association. This annual event is open to everyone - there is no charge for attending and no collections are ever taken. The convention is one of 20 being held throughout the UK and thousands more worldwide in 240 different lands.

The Amex has proven to be an ideal location for these annual events catering for all age groups and families who will be attending and, as a result, the Witnesses love coming here. The refreshments and hot food available at the many outlets throughout the stadium add to the convenience of the facilities.

The theme of the convention is: “Remain Loyal To Jehovah” and will feature around 54 Bible based discourses. These discourses will also include dozens of full screen video presentations on the Amex’s large display facilities which children, teenagers, and others especially enjoy and benefit from watching.

Session times are from 9.20am until 4.50pm, with a lunch break from 12.15 until 1.25, on Friday and Saturday and a 3.45pm finish on the Sunday.

A Bible discourse especially designed for members of the public will be presented at 11.20am on Sunday and has the timely and stirring theme: “When Will Loyal Love Triumph Over Hatred?”

A special baptism pool will be erected within the stadium to enable everyone to observe newly dedicated ones symbolise their dedication by water immersion after the Baptism Talk which will be presented at 11.45am on the Saturday.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are looking forward to welcoming many other interested ones to join them at the convention and to that end will be bringing a personal invitation to everyone throughout the catchment area in the weeks just prior to the convention. It’s easy to get to the Amex, with a train station right next to it.

For more information please see Jehovah’s Witnesses official website jw.org – with information available on the site in 800 languages

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Jehovah's Witnesses Convention
The Amex is the chosen venue for Jehovah’s Witnesses 3 day convention again this year from 15-17 July.
Around 10,000 Witnesses from Brighton, the South of England and South London will gather together to enjoy a program of helpful Bible based instruction and association. This annual event is open to everyone - there is no charge for attending and no collections are ever taken. The convention is one of 20 being held throughout the UK and thousands more worldwide in 240 different lands.

The Amex has proven to be an ideal location for these annual events catering for all age groups and families who will be attending and, as a result, the Witnesses love coming here. The refreshments and hot food available at the many outlets throughout the stadium add to the convenience of the facilities.

The theme of the convention is: “Remain Loyal To Jehovah” and will feature around 54 Bible based discourses. These discourses will also include dozens of full screen video presentations on the Amex’s large display facilities which children, teenagers, and others especially enjoy and benefit from watching.

Session times are from 9.20am until 4.50pm, with a lunch break from 12.15 until 1.25, on Friday and Saturday and a 3.45pm finish on the Sunday.

A Bible discourse especially designed for members of the public will be presented at 11.20am on Sunday and has the timely and stirring theme: “When Will Loyal Love Triumph Over Hatred?”

A special baptism pool will be erected within the stadium to enable everyone to observe newly dedicated ones symbolise their dedication by water immersion after the Baptism Talk which will be presented at 11.45am on the Saturday.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are looking forward to welcoming many other interested ones to join them at the convention and to that end will be bringing a personal invitation to everyone throughout the catchment area in the weeks just prior to the convention. It’s easy to get to the Amex, with a train station right next to it.

For more information please see Jehovah’s Witnesses official website jw.org – with information available on the site in 800 languages

Put in a slide from The West Upper and count me in.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm warning you. If you say 'Jehovah' once more.............................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here